Paint designs sought -- retro prizes available!

barry2017

Old School Grand Master
While it would be nice if it were unique, Drifter is an inescapably dull name for a boat. One morning, I was sat drinking coffee, reading and looking out over the water and five other boats called Drifter came past.

So it's being renamed. I thought about a bike name (Narrowboat Courier Comp, anyone?), but I have settled on a name someone once called me, when I got confused between different kinds of duck. So from next month when the equivalent of its road tax is renewed, Drifter will become nb Mallard Of Joy.

Is anyone interested in designing a name plate for me? Letters to be about six inches high and on two lines, with or without a little design, and in a single colour. Something cool from the man cave will be the prize for the best one.

s-SMOKING-DUCK-large.jpg
this any good? :LOL:

Not sure i like mallard of joy:?
Theres something disturbingly erotic about it :shock:

How about the name -Patience
seems a more fitting title for a slow moving canal boat.

Or if you want one that reflects upon yourself then may i suggest-

Sir Osis of the River
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

No applause guys ,i realise how good i am at this :D

dyna-ti":2g48mxny said:
Not sure i like mallard of joy:?
Theres something disturbingly erotic about it :shock:

How about the name -Patience
seems a more fitting title for a slow moving canal boat.

Or if you want one that reflects upon yourself then may i suggest-

Sir Osis of the River
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

No applause guys ,i realise how good i am at this :D

Disturbingly erotic is one of the things I like about the new name. :p

But please, not a name like Patience. It's a name like Drifter, I know of at least five boats called Patience, it's the magnolia paint of boat names.

Sir Osis of the River is cool, but a pun, which eventually becomes irritating. I considered Kennet Float? in honour of where I am at the minute, but it was rejected at name changing stage.

rosstheboss":2g48mxny said:
You naughty, naughty man. :p

No, the name is sticking as it is. It's got a bit of my history in it.

Keep them coming, fellas. Something very, very special and bike related to the winner.

As it's Retrobike related how about:

The Maillard of Joy - few people would get it but those that did would give you a knowing look.

Or classic Relaigh names:

Lenton
Clubman
Sir Sturmey Archer

I do like floater though, you could pepper the name plate with dollops of yellow paint :LOL:

i believe in fixies":92mi6o7r said:
As it's Retrobike related how about:

The Maillard of Joy - few people would get it but those that did would give you a knowing look.

Or Maillard of Joytech, mmmm entry level!

Eeach and every one of you is a GENIUS.

Maillard of Joy it is. Sorry, much as I like it Maillard of Joytech is not subtle enough.

Latest posts

Back