GT I drive

cyfa2809

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
can someone explain to me all the varieties of i drive? i thought sts and lts were a thing of theyre own but now i think im wrong? whats the difference between an xcr and numbered model? i.e. 1.0? all those sorts of things i wouldnt mind knowing :)

cyfa2809":1dgn58z7 said:
sts and lts were a thing of theyre own but now i think im wrong?

This is what i've thought too :? , i thought the "i drive" had to have the moveable bottom bracket set up which the LTS type bikes dont have.

yeah im quite sure the sts has the i drive unit (gadro? he has pictures) not sure about the lts but i know you can also get an sts xcr! its like everything crosses over, the only common factor could be ts as in; rts, lts, sts etc. :? daunting!

all the travels are the same i believe, you are correct, an xcr 1000 has better compnents than an xcr 3000 but where does the number come into it, i mean 1.0 etc. i think also a 1.0 has better components than a 2.0,3.0 etc. maybe they had different numbers i.e xcr *000 and I drive *.0 for different years?

cyfa2809":148u1t0k said:
yeah im quite sure the sts has the i drive unit (gadro? he has pictures) not sure about the lts but i know you can also get an sts xcr! its like everything crosses over, the only common factor could be ts as in; rts, lts, sts etc. :? daunting!

My own LTS has a fixed (conventional) BB shell, no STS or LTS or Lobo i've seen has an I drive unit (if the I drive unit is the BB housing)

Only basic difference between the STS, LTS and LTS DH are the front triangles, also shocks etc but the mounting/pivot points are the same.

The STS just refers to the carbon technology they use in their suspension frames.

The different numbers are different levels of spec but also from different years. It wouldn't do to have an XCR1000, or whatever, in the range for 10 years. I'm sure they're just the same models they re-badge just to make it look like they're bringing out something new each year.

I drives c ame out in 99 with the name XCR then a number that referred to their position in the range I.e. 1000 being better than 4000 and with the STS at the top of the range. following year they dropped the XCR prefix and simplified the numbers I.e 1.0 better than 4.0. They also dropped the sts because they broke easily. top model wa a then the team with the 1.0 sitting below. The top models were made in the USA from better alloy and had more machining than the lower models (2.0 down) which were machine made in Taiwan.
There have been various slight alterations until they dropped the larger eccentric design in favour of their current smaller bearings in 2006 or 7.

Back