Do I have the fastest GT Tequesta......

JamesM

Senior Retro Guru
..........in and around the Bristol area, made from Tange double butted tubes in 1990, with a nimbus paint job, a flex stem and mint sauce stickers?

Or could it even be the fastest one ever, in the whole world?

Attachments

• Porlock2008.jpg
    Porlock2008.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,165
nimbus paint sounds fast :D I can't recall any tequesta's breaching 50 before either.

JamesM":penh2r1g said:
MPH dude.

Porlock hill!!!

I'm not familiar with that hill but I know the area is hilly as my brother lives around there (Bathampton).

That's fast for an MTB.

I did manage 59.5mph on my road bike a couple of years ago. That was down Jubilee Way on the A2 just outside Dover. I had to slow down then as I nearly went into a gravel trap for lorries! :shock:

Porlock hill is fairly famous for being properly steep, Google it. Its a 1:4 with hairpins but it opens out at the top and eases to a 1:6 then a 1:8. That speed was on the way back down between the 1:8 and the 1:6.

My near 20 year old canti/U-brake setup really struggled to scrub of all that speed as the hill steepend and started to get twisty, it was a bit exciting. I had about 2 seconds of good brakes before they faded; 240lbs (me and bike) from 50+mph on a 1:6, fast becoming 1:4 :roll:

The bike has a 48:11 top gear.

cool :D i rek id shit myself doing them speed on a road,specially round here as its flat lol

I'm all too familiar with Porlock Hill – scares the Cr4p out of me driving down it in a car let alone on a bike so all I can say is :shock:

Here's a challenge though, try riding back up it :LOL:

Back