Ebay and being out bidded

Pete

Retro Guru
Don't you hate it when you get going on stuff then last mins get totaly wipped out.

I've always wanted a set of Marzocchi Bomber Z1 Dropoffs with the BAM arch being 2000/2001 era.

Found a set winning at £40 now jumped to £62, dam dam dam

I always plonk my maximum bid (the most i would be willing to pay for whatever it is) in the last few seconds.
I may get it at a bargain price, or it may just be on my max or i may lose it, whatever happens though, i know i won't have lost it because i didn't bid enough.

bidding early just pushes the price up ;)

I think the missies is worried as i spend a good hour a day sifting through the lot of ebay and adding it all to my watched items. Stuff i really want i bang a bid on, normaly £1 to start with as that will be what i really want item wise

yeah i hate it too, its really adrenaline fuelled in the last few minutes! i used to bid in the last few seconds if i could but currently im trying to bid what im prepared to pay and leave it

cyfa2809":x2bnvenp said:
yeah i hate it too, its really adrenaline fuelled in the last few minutes! i used to bid in the last few seconds if i could but currently im trying to bid what im prepared to pay and leave it

But if you bid early then you get people bidding just to be "ahead" and the chances are it pushes the price above what you want to pay. But if you let those bidders be "ahead" until the last few seconds and just put in the max you would want to pay for it. He may have a very high bid in or he may have a very low bid in.

You could always use a snipe tool too. That way your bid is in, but not actually placed until you want it too, like the last few seconds.

always set my absolute max, taking into account postage, at 2p more than I am prepared to pay.

Sometimes I win, most times I dont.

Snipe :twisted:
Put the max you want to go up to. It doesn't show until the last few seconds. Some you win, some you lose. At least this way you don't get caught up in fever-bidding and it doesn't let people know your max bid on items (there are ways you can find out max bids placed on an item ;) ).

legrandefromage":1htdk8lw said:
always set my absolute max, taking into account postage, at 2p more than I am prepared to pay.

Sometimes I win, most times I dont.

same with me...I just got outbid on some genuine factory records letter heads and stationary but ces't la vie...it went over my max budget.

I usually stuff my absolute max bid in then dont even look at it till I get the email at the end to stop myself bidding over my max. Somtimes it is just over my max but then again..if I had rebid it is likely they would of too

Back