the winstanleys pratts how lazy are they

cannondale king

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
i brought a charge spoon saddle four months back and last month the moulding broke and it looked like this (scroll down). so i phoned winstanleys and asked if i could get it replaced as it wasn't surposed to fail while riding at thetford (not monster drop country) sent them pics and they said send it back and we'll get charge to exchange it if its broken that was on the 5th now is it me or is this starting to take the pi55 iv'e been waiting weeks and still no emails every time i phone i get mucked about on wether they have even sent it back to charge or not :evil: :evil: :evil:

Winstanley's are a pain in the ass from what I hear on several forums.

Seen as they are taking their time, I'd contact Charge directly & ask if they have received the saddle yet & tell them of your issues with Winstanley's

tintin40":lyowa1lq said:
whats a 'charge spoon '??

Part of a Van de Graff generator, nothing to do with retro MTBs which is why it's in the general and off topic forum.

i believe in fixies":iaowktft said:
tintin40":iaowktft said:

Part of a Van de Graff generator, nothing to do with retro MTBs which is why it's in the general and off topic forum.

don't think it's actually a part of it generator itself, but a 'spoon' to collect the charge and transfer it somewhere else. or a thick metal on the end of a plastic rod. Got some at work, always fun.

Silly fellows. :p

Aye, whilst there might be delays due to the postal strikes, that doesn't affect them sending eMails!

FluffyChicken":2jwvxmg1 said:
i believe in fixies":2jwvxmg1 said:
tintin40":2jwvxmg1 said:

don't think it's actually a part of it generator itself, but a 'spoon' to collect the charge and transfer it somewhere else. or a thick metal on the end of a plastic rod. Got some at work, always fun.

Is it the bit that hairdessers use to collect the charge and ladle it on to your hair to make it spikey with no need for hair spray?

god you people no nothing about electricty, a charge spoon is used to scoop up all the wasted bits that drip from the plug sockets when you dont switch them off, if you dont do this you get a build of charge in the carpets which can be fatal and is know cause people to get electric shocks especially if they wear nylon it has been know to have strange effects on peoples hair!

_40867275_liverpoolfans203.jpg
the effects of not useing a charge spoon and wearing nylon

there taking the royal pi55 now i first phoned them on the 15th of sept to arrange a replacement and only got the returns address from them after sending a couple of pics to them to prove i wasn't scamming them they got the saddle on the 29th of sept its now the the 2nd of novermber
i phoned them again on friday and they said they would look into it then phoned me back and promised they would phone today to say were my saddle was but low and behold ever time iv'e tried ringing them from 3.30pm never pick up so tomorrow im phoneing charge and see if they can help :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Latest posts

Back