New ebay rules - Paypal-r-us

Dave_H

Senior Retro Guru
As of 5 November 2009, you will be unable to list your item if cash is referenced as part of your payment instructions for in person transactions, outside of a few limited categories called out within the Accepted Payments policy.

Although you may offer payment upon pick-up as an option when listings your items, you cannot openly solicit cash payments. For example, you are not allowed to say, “I accept cash in person” or “Cash accepted on collection”. Instead, we recommend you say, “Contact me for payment methods to pay upon pick-up.”

W*nkers :x

(sorry if this has already been done)

Wouldn't be so bad if bloody paypal hadn't just frozen my account with £250+ in it as they've decided that I must be a business as I've sold a few bits this year. Don't think the bloke at the carpet shop will take that as an excuse when I'm £250 short of what I owe him. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'd love to be able to stop using ebay and paypal but then I'd miss out on retro bike shaped goodies. :roll: :evil: :oops:

You think thats bad, if what i've read is correct we'll all be getting taxed for selling our old tat on Ebay and/or car boots sales shortly. Daylight robbery :evil:

there must be millions of ebay and paypal haters. if only someone could come up with a similar system thats marketed well. it cant be that hard

I'm not a big fan of this. The one time I've accepted PayPal for collection, the person picked up the item (an iPod) then went home and filed it as an "unauthorised transaction" on their PayPal account. The result? They got my iPod and PayPal took their money back off me to issue a refund. :evil:

The trouble is, what viable alternative is there? eBay gets your stuff to a massive audience thus (theoretically) fetching a better price.

brocklanders023":2rixyhtp said:
Wouldn't be so bad if bloody paypal hadn't just frozen my account with £250+ in it as they've decided that I must be a business as I've sold a few bits this year.

I'd love to be able to stop using ebay and paypal but then I'd miss out on retro bike shaped goodies. :roll: :evil: :oops:

just done that to me too. second time now and the best bit, i rckon it's not even a hundred quid come into this year!

:roll:

Back