lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
i'm starting to plan the rebuild of my beetle hot rod. the roof has been removed and in my head i am seeing the doors welded shut but with handles and hinges in place. will it pass an mot like this? it is going to be slammed as low as i can get it so getting in and out wont be a problem

as far as i can establish , being a chassis and body, and the fact it is already type approved and an existing vehicle it shouldnt need an sva as i am not building from scratch. i hope!

my inspiration. like this but nastier

2dcj33a.jpg

Just build it. :cool:

If it fails you could always turn it into a novalty paddling pool!! ;)

make it sick, loud n low, it's the law!! :D

Al.

i know 100% you'll have to put mudguards on the top of the front wheels if your doing the same as the one in the picture...

go for it , sounds cool to me......... :cool: :cool: :cool:

it will either have the skinniest smallest cycle wings i can get away with over stretched tyres, or i am going to get a bald 18 or 19" tyre, cut it in half and mount that over the wheels so at a glance it looks like i am running very illegal tyres.

paint is going to be matt or various shades of matt and rust (forced patina)

children will cry

Stock motor with stinger?

straight cut pipes about 10 inches long make such sweet music!!

Good luck with the build,see you at Volksworld? i should be running my notch with a narrowed beem by then, so going lower on the front. :D

Al.

your notch will look awesome narrowed. i wont be at the v.w. show, possibly try and build it for big bang or more likely bugjam.

motor will be stock and loud for now with the intention of sticking something a little hotter when funds allow.

i used to have a 1641 with twin progressive webber and light head work on a stock cam and that was easonably fun. sdadly it died when my old cab was destroyed in a fire. RIP

There was a guy on one of the Volvo forums that had put a T5 engine in a bug.

Had a few teething problems with the engine and cooling, but I believe it went well...

Back