Jean Todt is the new FIA pesident

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
So 'Spanky' Mosley has had is final wish come true. Jean Todt will be the next FIA president. Mr Todt beat Ari Vatanen by 135 votes to 49.

So probably more of the same for motorsport then. A black day.

Si

Neil":dfnzfm9b said:
cchris2lou":dfnzfm9b said:
I dont see why it is a bad appointment .
Is he now going to leave the employ of Ferarri?

not before a big fat pay off cheque :roll: It's Bernie i want to see gone :evil:

Todt does not work for Ferarri any more.

Bernie ain't so bad at his job (he's pretty awful generally at everything else) and is a hell of a good promoter for F1. He brings the money to the table so the show can continue. What we needed though was someone to keep him in check, someone to whom he would be accountable for his actions.

Why?

why Formula 1 racing? Its had its day by now, surely.

Why not less restricted touring car with sub classes for group N, B and A style racing. Something we can go and watch, recognise what bloody car is racing, drivers who look like they can have a bloody laugh in front of the camera...

I say this as a former employee of F1.

legrandefromage":3qdeks6v said:
Why?

why Formula 1 racing? Its had its day by now, surely.

Why not less restricted touring car with sub classes for group N, B and A style racing. Something we can go and watch, recognise what bloody car is racing, drivers who look like they can have a bloody laugh in front of the camera...

I say this as a former employee of F1.
Surely you must know this ;-)

Formula 1 has it's fans and followers because it's the most advanced, the most developed, the pinnacle of single-seater racing.

Not because of trivial things like racing or entertainment.

Didn't Bernie pull the TV rights to show the very very poplular truck racing? As it was getting bigger crowds than F1 and getting more popular as their was racing and over taking :shock:

Bernie and Co tried killing Sportscar racing and nearly succeeded by changing Group C to GT spec racing in the 80's. But.....
Look at Le Mans now compared to F1- packed grandstands, thrilling close racing, loads of overtaking, accessable, friendly atmosphere, great looking cars with 3 classes, Ferarri, Porsche, Audi, Peugoet, Aston Martin, Oreca, Pescarolo, Ginetta, Zytec, Courage, Chevrolet, Spyka, Panoz, Saleen, Ford, Dome..... with more to come including Toyota, Nissan and probably Honda in the next year or so. Best damn racing and the biggest party in the world. Sorry Bernie, you can't stop it!

F1 is doomed.

Back