Ultimately a tart

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Would it be wrong to put this chainset on a mountain bike just because...

a) it has a cool big Sram logo across the back of the cranks. So even though it's kind of hideous, it's kind of not.

b) it's pretty bloody light.

c) I don't really use the granny ring and the middle is a 34 anyway, so it's sort of the same as my existing M952 one but with a more useful spinning outer 50.

Is that enough justification?

Attachments

• sram-force10-gxpcs-med.jpg
    sram-force10-gxpcs-med.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 1,287
:cool: Cool use it. Why do you need a granny ring any way?? My next two Trimble frames will be SRAM builds

Road kit on an MTB is cool - shows you think about what is appropriate rather than just thumb the catalogues.

Are you fitting a road rear mech too?

How are folks going to see the logo when it has mud on it ;)

I'm running a 50/34 on one bike and a 48/34 on the front of another, love em. Who needs granny gear? All you do is look an idiot spinning your legs like a dervish and going nowhere fast. Grind that bigger gear, you'll look harder and the SRAM logo will make you look even more impressive!

Who are SRAM anyway? I'd honestly never heard of them until recently.
Maybe my 15 years without cycling would explain it :idea:

hoegaardenadds1":18o90nna said:
worth trying a set first as most modern road chainsets dont fit on mountain bike frames, cranks hit the frame :(

I've ran a road crankset on an mtb frame,but i used the inner mounts and a 36t on it,and i think a slightly longer BB

Whats the largest inner chainring you can get for a road set of cranks :?

Latest posts

Back