Retro Camera

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Just picked up one of these....

Proper camera. :cool:

Very excited. Going to build a darkroom at home again and spend lovely long winter eves in there printing away to good tunes. :) Might even get an old telly and shove a red gel over the screen like i did bitd.

Film is clearly the future. ;)

Attachments

• 347714.jpg
    347714.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,047
's funny, film cameras seem to be picking up again as people realise the average argos camera is shit.

I've got an old practica super tl and a rather funky nikon fg

of course the pic had to be taken on a DSLR, a spanky new D3000

nikon-d3000.jpg

heres mine from college days about 3 years before digi cams came out cheaply

Attachments

• old slr.jpg
    old slr.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,029
Film and 'analogue' camera equipment has (I think) seen the slump and is now slowly getting more desirable and prices are rising. It seems to have found it's niche and although realistically to all intents and purposes Dig has taken over for obvious reasons, film is being bought and hasn't died like people predicted it would.

Of course I chopped in all my film equip when it was worth pence. :roll:

Anyway, can't wait to shoot nice big negs again on this beast.

:cool:

Very nice. Printing your own has got to be the best part of photography.
B & W film is clearly the way forward. . . .

g_baz":idvofwyi said:
Very nice. Printing your own has got to be the best part of photography.
B & W film is clearly the way forward. . . .

it's so theraputic. Such a nice thing to spend a few hours doing. Always loved it. Best job I had was as a printer.

It's interesting. Seeing quite a few shoots done for mags at the moment on film.It's clearly quite trendy as a backlash to all the hi tech Pega Mixel envy going on in the marketplace.

Can't wait.

LGF - FG's are great cameras.

I did photography at college including developing my own pics...

sadly 15 years and beer has taken its toll - I cant remember a thing except the smell of developing fluid....

I always used to use Ilford FP4 when I was at college/uni or Delta 3200 if i wanted something nice and grainey.

REKIBorter":36j1uzh6 said:
What is your favourite film?

oohhh.....

Overall Kodak Tri-X. So flexible, but great whatever you do with it.

others....

Agfa Dia Direct 12asa. Such nice tones. R.I.P
Ilford FP4
Kodachrome
Echtachrome 100
Velvia (not that into Fuji though bitd - bit too lurid)
Infra Red film...so cool.

Going to go and find out what papers you can still get. Hope they still make Fibre based Kentmere Art Cartridge. :)

legrandefromage":20u99v8t said:
I did photography at college including developing my own pics...

sadly 15 years and beer has taken its toll - I cant remember a thing except the smell of developing fluid....

the smell of fixative for me. Like unleashing a mega strong pack of salt and vinegar discos in the room. :)

Back