todays bimble on the lime

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
decided i hadn't been out on the cross bike in ages, had some errands to run so decided to mix the two :D

launched myself out of the house around 1.30 to get the ferry from hythe to southampton after an 8mile trip involving some offroad playing, with a sweet little fast descent and over a 18 inch wide bridge that spans a ditch, nailed it, at speed :cool: :D

got the ferry, put on the retrobike gilet, nice :cool: does the job as it had just started to rain a little. :(

got into southampton, jobs done, visit the guys in GA cycles, get a cup of tea, leave for the ride home, flooring it down millbrook and on to the cycle paths that on a cross bike are fun because they are so rough!

take the exit to ealing tide mill bridge and then into marchwood, feel quite good so i decide to go the long way home :cool: so head in the beaulieu direction, starts to rain again :( stop, to get a couple of pics. jump back on the bike, straight onto beaulieu hill, not that steep or long but feels hard as i've bearly ridden a bike recently :( get to the top, still on top ring :D (just) carry on and then hit some off road trails to finish off the ride, small descent, very rough, was on the hoods, hear that cracking sort of sound and the bars move! :shock: luckily only a bit though, carry on as it's only 1/2 mile home

to quote wu-tangled "best ride of my life", no, but definately this month :D

Attachments

• beaulieu.jpg
    beaulieu.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 371
  • beaulieu2.jpg
    beaulieu2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 371
  • campagnolo.jpg
    campagnolo.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 371
  • the trail home.jpg