Are Women worse cyclists?

How do you approach lorries at a junction?

• On the inside.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • On the outside.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A good read. I follow the advice on passing a lorry. On traffic in general. I always go down the middle. (if i have the option)

Interesting read, must admit i dont cycle down the middle of traffic but i dont stop on the inside of lorries at junctions, i hang back and let them go first stopping in line with a car who can see me, problem (i think) with going down the middle is if you are half way past an HGV when the lights change, he pulls away and you are stuck cycling in the middle of the road, as a lorry driver i stop close to the kerb (where practical) to prevent a cyclist from squezzing up the blindside, i also check my kerb mirror as i pull away just incase, if a cyclist was to pass while i was sitting there i'd prefer him to be on my right where i could see him.

I commute most days and sometimes play a bit fast and loose with road positioning depending on what feels safest/fastest at the time. One absolute though is never getting the wrong side of a lorry nor having to stop along side one.

i dont stop on the inside of lorries at junctions, i hang back and let them go first stopping in line with a car who can see me,

+1

I leave lorries be , It's hard enough seeing out of the things without having to worry about a bicycle too . I only filter to the front if I plan to launch and leave the car nearby standing , I normally sit and wait a few cars back so people can see I intend to be quick but not first car quick .

Its ok and indeed is not a legal requirement.
The thread is contended in a pseudo controvercial theme which I have perhaps built on. With your higher post count perhaps you try to discredit me?

However my GLW has experience professionally of several people who have severe neorological issues due to not having a helmet on.
I & my kids wear a FF helmet on the track and when crosscountry wear the regular cranium caps.
You continue as you wish.

When I broke some fingers I wished I had worn my gauntlets . Of course now I only ride in full armor .

Sorry mate,I wasn't trying to discredit you,I didn't even notice the post counts,I do wear a helmet when out on the bike,most of the time,but my problem is that now every time there is a picture of a cyclist without a helmet there are 'up in arms' calls of 'where is his/her helmet' intantly making cycling seem dangerous,how long in this nanny state until it is made law to wear one,then its decided its also too dangerous to cycle on roads,so they make that illegal,then they see us riding off-road and 'wow' that is so dangerous,we've got to ban that.....
Not a dig at you,you just happened to be the one who wrote the comment.
Please ignore me,welcome to the site.

Back