Is anyone else having problems with post?Dorsetbikeloving is

Is anyone else having problems with post? I sent a few bits out around a week ago and no one as yet has recieved their bits. I know there is all sorts of problems with royal mail. Is anyone else having probs??

no, but then i haven't posted anything recently! but apparently there is or will be a strike on.

Tell me about it!

London post is screwed. Been quite a few strikes and we have been waiting for certain post for weeks now.

Not the end of the world with a DVD from play.com (who I might add haven't bothered to chase or contact about anything and won't allow communication until it's been missing 21 days - great service that), but more of an issue with hard drives of photo shoots not arriving in time etc.

I can't see how the odd day of no work can lead to weeks and weeks of bottlenecks. ? It must run incredibly efficiently the rest of the time. ;)

I heard Amazon were pulling their contract with Royal Mail. if that's true, that's gotta hurt. Maybe the biggest postal contract in the country?

:(

On a much smaller scale Wiggle are using City Link instead of Royal Mail

ldn-postalstrikeskinnybanner.jpg

who'd have thought it...the day has come that Sh*tty Link are counted on as the reliable delivery option... :LOL:

We are using UPS to ship to London at present. It bugs me as they resent delivering to residential addresses and charge for redeliveries whereas the RM would hang onto stuff at a convenient depot. Strike will be a pain as it'll all have to go UPS and then folk'll get hacked at having to trek to wherever the go out from.

Looking on the brighter side :D

Many small courier businesses that have been struggling due to the economic downturn will get a well needed boost.

I sent something to London on the 21st Sept. 2nd class - still hasn't arrived (Ebay buyer is wondering where it is) :roll:

Adam, promising not to draw on funds until confirmation that the item has arrived, promising a refund if item does not turn up, saying you will check with the sorting office and not getting back to me, and not actually giving me a refund is NOT cool!

Back