Do you ever get the feeling that...

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
... you dont quite exist on the same plain of reality as everyone else?

I noticed that in the pub sunday, I had no-one to talk to and could only watch and evesdrop on the conversations of medical conditions, whos shagging who and how much drink can be consumed in the shortest amount of time.

I may have well been invisible (I did check my pants to make sure they were the 'lucky' ones and not the unwashed ones) as people lent over me to by pints and crisps.

It feels like a parrallel universe

Am I the only bloody cyclist left in Huntingdon???

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!

smashed-computer.jpg

alone.jpg

hamster":3h2lkn7f said:
Hey, another person with lucky pants.

Do all blokes have them...? :D

Ifs shes very lucky, I dont have any on . . .

I did have a pair of lucky cycle shorts when i was touring (I still have them but I may have used all the luck up in them)

I know the feeling. To conform you have to:

• Enjoy?! watching football.
    Moan about your job.
    Look forward to the weekend, as an excuse to drink.
    Smoke, so you can moan about the price.
    Have a kid or 2.
    Think teachers have a hard job and are the backbone of our country.
    Like to talk about babies.
    Don't have your own opinion on anything.
    Talk for hours with drunken folk about nothing.
    Watch soaps and X-factor type stuff.
    Read tabloids and never question what they print.
    Show an interest in celebs.
    Never ever ask how? or why? of anything.

And, if you can add more alcohol to any of the above all the better.

At least thats how I felt after recent stag do/wedding and 'friends' (teacher RE, her friend who's a teacher, he's a footie fan and a drinker who works in a school) evening meal and x-factor watching while talking about teaching and their toddler and new baby and RE and not questioning anything, evening meal.

I'm sure there's more, rant over.

stewlewis":38q6qiy3 said:
  • Enjoy?! watching football. Hate it
    Moan about your job. secretly enjoy it but could do with earning more
    Look forward to the weekend, as an excuse to drink. work at weekends, dont drink till sunday night if at all
    Smoke, so you can moan about the price. Dont smoke
    Have a kid or 2. Just couldnt be that selfish and bring a kid into a world going mad - still think they are treated as status symbols by some
    Think teachers have a hard job and are the backbone of our country. All that paid holiday!
    Like to talk about babies. :roll:
    Don't have your own opinion on anything. I keep opinions to myself unless asked
    Talk for hours with drunken folk about nothing. Meh...
    Watch soaps and X-factor type stuff. Oh god, telly is just awfull lately
    Read tabloids and never question what they print. Do what the Men in Black do, read the small stories, the truth is out there...
    Show an interest in celebs. Who??
    Never ever ask how? or why? of anything. I accept that I know nothing about everything

I'm sure there's more, rant over.

Told you, there are some of us who just dont fit in, square peg in round 'ole and all that.

Its not that I'm lazy , I just don't care .

Its nearly christmas soon , most people have got the idea after all these years but I'll no doubt have to explain why I don't want anyone to buy me shite . A mate has already bought her other half his present , some lego of some description , which he really really wants and keeps trying to buy but is met with " wait until christmas " said in that way that always means I've bought you it but for some reason I'm not allowed to just say . Poor fooker has to wait months for something he could just buy himself now , or she could just hand over ; I'm calling it a form of torture .

It's a mates birthday soon so theres some kind of " going out " involved and I'll have to explain why I don't want to be involved , same old conversations .

I was buying something from someone sometime , possibly in a shop and they noticed my name and said in some kind of cheeky way " I kissed a girl " I could only look back in a perplexed stare trying to work out what it was I was being told , " you know Katy Perry ?"

" erm ok " slightly nodding so I don't get talked to any more . After some googling it turns out theres some singer that has the same part of my name as me , I didn't realize I had to have a knowledge of everything in pop culture that bear the same namesake .

Back