Windows Updates

Thorpie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Does anyone on here know anything about computers? For some reason my computer will not load the latest automatic update. It wont install the latest net framework 3.5 service pack or the 3.5 family update. When checking it shows the error message - Error Code: 0x673. I cannot seem to find the solution or error code on the Microsoft website. Please help its driving me mad!

Trevor.

ERROR_PATCH_MANAGED_ADVERTISED_PRODUCT
1651 (0x673)

Windows Installer does not permit updating of managed advertised products. At least one feature of the product must be installed before applying the update.

try running a registry scan may be an issue there more infor would help though

what os are you running? and you might be able to download a service pack separately to install that update and others

mattbrown":kwv6pckf said:
what os are you running? and you might be able to download a service pack separately to install that update and others

Matt, not that computer literate but I am running Windows XP if thats what you mean and I have tried downloading the service pack via the Microsoft website but that failed as well! I have never had any issues with automatic downloads prior to this.

i cant stand vista, but i do have Windows 7 on pre order, a pretty damn good OS, not perfect, but not as bloated as vista.

Back