Modern full suspension

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Yes...three of the most hated words on this site :LOL:

But lets just say I have a friend.....same age as me, same fitness level etc
Lets say he is riding more trail centres and finding hardtail a bit hard work.
Just like me...its not a fitness thing as climbing is fine etc, but when the descents get a bit bumpy he hasn't got the skills to make his bike light...just like me.
He has asked me about ^MFS^.....but I havn't got a clue.
He can get a 2008 as-good-as-new Kona Four Deluxe for about £600.....would that be a good plan as I....I mean he....doesn't want a heavy plodding lump of a bike.
Budgets are tight...whatcha reckon?
Probably just practice more and grow the confidence?

you ( sorry he ) should have a study done on how you seat on the bike .

cost between £50 and £100 and it is really helpfull .

I also have a friend a bit like yours, well, he's a bit like me.
My friend also wonders about investing in an 'MFS'. and would be interested in what others say about this topic in general. He wouldn't admit it to anybody but I think he finds his hardtail Pace RC200 f3 a bit of a handful on the bumpy descents.

I don't know anything about the Kona you're, i mean your friend, is looking at though I'm afraid. Sounds like it would be worth a crack though. I guess if your friend doesn't like the evil 'MFS' he could always sell it on to some clueless 'modern bike' type.

I'm personally happy to 'come out' and admit I couldn't be without my modern Orange 5. I love retro and really enjoy restoring bikes to their former glory but can't say I'd have as much fun somewhere like Dalby on my 1989 Clockwork as I would on my 5. Hate to say it but if I could only have one bike it'd be my MFS. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Don't really like the full sus Kona's myself but I have pals that dig them and have replaced one with another. My advice to your 'friend ;) ' would be to try a whole range of MFS as from my experiance very few ride the same. :D

I too love the retro bikes that were beyond my means back in the day, but this weekends trip to Dartmoor, as with every other weekend cycling trip will be on my 08 Epic. Although this time I will also be taking my 1999 SSSS (Single Speed Sunn Softail) with me for a bit of a laugh.

Drop your seat so you cant pedal while seated and learn to throw the bike around . I don't mean just a few inch's , slam the seat right down .

Don't just sit and steer .

I dont believe a MFS bike makes you better in downhill especially a xc model with only a few cm on the back .

just practise a bit more .

Back