Dont make sense (flebay content)

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Going to be open and honest, I have had a Value put on my Lightning and wanting to see if I can get someone near it on the bay, Now how come if I put it starting at 99p with a big reserve it costs £18 to submit :shock: But if I put it as a fixed auction price with best offer its 40p?? :?

Am I missing something? :?

I'd always thought it was to encourage you to list things with no reserve so there's more chance of it selling below what you think it's worth.

Ebay's incentive for this is that the buyer gets a bargain, reinforcing its image of somewhere you can buy cheaply.

I may well be smoking french bread, though.

I think Ebay are trying to move away from actual auctions and are thus encouraging fixed priced (with offers) listings.
I pretty much always do this now .

I've started doing fixed price with the option to make an offer. That way you take away the chance of your item going for buttons but can still get rid.

Always been confused about the reserve price thing. Surely you should just start the auction at the lowest price you'd accept?? Cheaper too.

Starting at a reasonable acceptable price will put off buyers, as will a reserve. If you go 99p no reserve you'll get far more interest. Fixed price with offers are being encouraged as it reduces the chances of goods being sold out of ebay.

Unfortunatly starting at 99p no reserve takes balls,I just can't do it,hence half the stuff I list doesn't sell :cry:

Always been confused about the reserve price thing. Surely you should just start the auction at the lowest price you'd accept?? Cheaper too.

Thats what I do , no sitting around waiting for it to get to a decent amount , as soon as one person bids its as good as sold , if others bid too then it'll go to whoever wants it most .

I agree entirely that ebay is turning into a shop , if you look at something with 500000 items , press the actions only , it suddenly goes down to 5 :LOL:

Hmmm that hasnt really worked .... lots of interest but no bids. I am guessing put off by the buy it now price but overlooked the idea of its there to give the option of making any offers under it :? That of course or my bike is rubbish and noone wants it :LOL:

BIN just worked for me,sold all my old DuraAce 10spd stuff in less than 24hrs and made more back than I paid for the group 4yrs ago,at least something good has come out of Shimano price rises!Fees are a bit of a killer though.

Back