Oh Bu**er!

B3

Senior Retro Guru
Hi All,

Having spent the last few weeks in and out of hospital for one appointment or another, I was in for an operation last Thursday (biopsy, throat exploritry & bone marrow aspiration). So as i sat in the bed waiting to go down, I thought i'd fill in the evening meal card for something to do. Chose the meal, drink etc etc, then filled in the bit at the top, name, ward, bed number.

Couldn't help but chuckle when I noticed they'd put me in bed B3 :D on the ward.

Now all I have to do is wait for the results, the scratch test result is pointing towards Lymphoma :( , the biopsy is likely to confirm this and what type. So in the meantime I'm due to go for a CT scan to see if it's anywhere else.

Best of luck with that mate. Puts my little worries in perspective. From one Devonian to another, be better soon.

:cry: Sorry to hear this ... Good luck with the results and fingers crossed for you and your family

Thanks guys, the consultant has said to take it one step at a time, and the use of drugs is the best course of action, I'm guessing thats a nice way of saying chemotherapy.

ATB

John

I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma just over 6 years ago. I had a years chemotherapy, and have been clean for 5 years.

Drop me a PM if you want to ask any questions etc.

I rode (gently ;) ) through out my therapy and I have to say that it kept me sane.

Have a look at the great stuff from Macmillan - they were very helpful for me!
http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Cancerinfor ... ancer.aspx

Isn't the bone marrow sample horrible? Frankly it was the worst bit!

Have a look at the great stuff from Macmillan - they were very helpful for me!

I 2nd that, Macmillian was out of this world for dad and the whole family.

We only wished after we got in touch with them sooner than we did

Sorry to hear about your health issues!

Good luck and don't eat the fish!! ;)

Back