Computer/lap-top frazzled?. Help needed.

Konaglider

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Our eldest daughter's laptop cable's insides broke near the adaptor end resulting in a 'flash bang' :shock: . Now laptop won't show any signs of life :(

Any advice welcome.

It could be any number of things really, but either way you will need to open it and inspect the circuit board, (unless it's in warrently still in which case take it back) chances are it will have damaged more than one component aswell. It is quite common for the adaptor to break off the circuit board and usually it is quite an easy repair, but it sounds like it has shorted past the adaptor and taken something else too.

The HDD will probably be ok and you could slave it to another computer/laptop to recover all the data.

google the model number and you find some disassembly instructions somewhere :) they are not that scary to open.

Did it run of the battery before hand, a lot of old laptops won't as the battery is shot.
Have you tried a new PSU/Adaptor (if the above is the case).

Thanks for replies :)

Yes, do have a new lead and adaptor and I'll check out some of the more obvious troubleshoots first.

If only they took more care of these things in the first place, and it's 'always someone elses fault' :evil: I sound like my dad :shock:

:? Sounds like the cylinder head gasket has blown

If its the power pack then its terminal,they usually fry everything connected to it

Same if its the processor ,you might be able to get a replacement fitted but more than likely its taken everything with it :?

not that it helps but what make and model laptop is it, some laptop parts i.e mainboard and so on most laptops are fixable when they go wrong just most people bin them and go buy a new one when they do go wrong,

I'll find that info out.....

I don't intend to dispose of it before I've checked out most avenues of repair.

Back