Tech section

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I was browsing some other forums looking for the weird and wonderful,as you do.
And i noticed many of them have tech sections,
Could we have one too please?.

where tech queries are mulled over and answered

Then mulled over further,added to,changed somewhat as further information/advice/opinion comes in.

Finally posted up for the world to marvel at :cool:

What type of Tech ?

Bike technical questions, then what's wrong with the other Retro and Off Topic (depending on age of question I guess) that's where they are posted at the moment.

Other tech. then there are plenty of forums out there to cater for your needs I would have thought. Wouldn't like this to become a general website.

i'm fairly sure he means bike tech - thats how i read it.

i think it could help as it could be an easier forum to search for tech problems and answers rather than searching through retro mtb which has one post about 1989 bearing sizes and the next asking whats your favourite colour. not that theres anything wrong with that

FluffyChicken":1bd40wy7 said:
then there are plenty of forums out there to cater for your needs I would have thought. Wouldn't like this to become a general website.

I wouldnt say any bike forum could be classed as 'general'

And ,yes,i mean technical questions ;)
How to set up canti's for instance.dealing with threaded headsets,or how do i service an elastomer sus fork.

Not the kind of queries you'll find on any other bike type forum :?
RB seems to be unique in that respect
even 'how do i service very early disc brakes' again ,unlikely youll find that answer anywhere else but here
so why not have a section relating to it :?

dyna-ti":1bnlkb6y said:
FluffyChicken":1bnlkb6y said:
then there are plenty of forums out there to cater for your needs I would have thought. Wouldn't like this to become a general website.

I wouldnt say any bike forum could be classed as 'general'

And ,yes,i mean technical questions ;)
How to set up canti's for instance.dealing with threaded headsets,or how do i service an elastomer sus fork.

Not the kind of queries you'll find on any other bike type forum :?
RB seems to be unique in that respect
even 'how do i service very early disc brakes' again ,unlikely youll find that answer anywhere else but here
so why not have a section relating to it :?

That was with reference to tech i.e. Technology sites' and creating this into technical.

Personally I would welcome the Bike Technical Question talk :) but would also be good if we could post in to FAQ's some well FAQ's. Currently we cannot post in there.

I just think someone wants to know how to fix his disc brakes up ;)

I just think someone wants to know how to fix his disc brakes up Wink

Casting aspersions on my technical prowess :shock: im shocked,i'd even go so far as to say ,hurt
deeply :cry:

I'VE GOT FEELINGS TOO, YOU KNOW

I like the idea. It's occurred to me that now Sheldon Brown is no longer with us, his site won't keep up to date, or may even vanish. A retrobike repair section could be very useful.

Theres no way Sheldon's site will go , Harris Cyclery relies on it too much and it is often updated by others .

Back