lewis1641

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
THE MRS has just locked the only key we have in the boot of her car. shes currently sat in the middle of nowhere with 2 freezing dogs!

the car is a mk 3.5 golf cabrio. cabrios tend to have fairly secure boots though...

can anyone PM me any suggestions to break in?

quite easy to open front doors with a bended metal coat hanger , but not easy to find in middle of nowhere .

Has it got a 'button' that stays raised once the door is locked? If so, a short piece of plastic packing tape (the semi-flexible stuff, that gets wrapped around large parcels/crates) will get her in.
Bend the tape in half and push the bend through the gap between door and car body. You can then adjust the lengths of both halfs until the tape drops over the button. Then pull it nicce and tight and slowly pull the button up.

This is all dependant on your mrs being able to find some of this tape (maybe a dumped packing crate somewhere near??), but the dog lead may work too.

Good luck!

problem is the key is in the boot and being a cabrio you cant get to the boot from inside the car!

i know how to get into an mx5 boot scarily easily but that wont work on this.

just heard from her and she's called the aa but thanks for your very fast responses.

on some old peugeot , you only had to lean on boot in a certain way to open them . :LOL:

You should have seen how easily my local garage popped the deadlock on my old Mk1 Vectra a few years back :shock:

A certain technique on the drivers door in the right place and 'pop' :shock:

Main dealer wanted £150 or so to sort it! :LOL:

dogs are fine now cheers.

the man from the aa had to resort to ramming a screwdriver in the lock to force it open.

when cars are this easy to break into it really makes me wonder why bother with car security at all - it only causes more damage and expense when they do decide to break in anyway.

i used to have a beetle karmann cabriolet and i never used to lock it. i'd rather thiefs open the door than slash the roof. one night it was "broken into" and i'd been stupid enough to leave my cd's in full view.

i was gutted to see the door wide open but quiet happy when i saw a trail of cd's across the car park. the thief was obviously looking at each one and dismissed it as crap as he made his exit. :LOL:

lewis1641":2dbio5iq said:
i was gutted to see the door wide open but quiet happy when i saw a trail of cd's across the car park. the thief was obviously looking at each one and dismissed it as crap as he made his exit. :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Can just imagine him walking along "Right Said Fred, crap. 5-Star, crap. Jackson 5, crap. Prince, crap.......jeeez, dont know why I bother"

Back