WHY IS EVRYONE RIDING NEW SPECIALIZED

I adore bikes, new or old and i have had many, including Specialized bikes. I raceds DH when i was a little younger and had a Shaun Palmer FSR replica which i adored but i am quickly going off them as everywhere i go there are people riding Hardrocks and Stupjumpers and the new FSR ones. Now am i missing something as last time i checked there were lots of great manufacturers out there?

Is there brainwashing going on???

They seemed to have nailed their suspension designs at the moment with consistently good reveiws. Could just be your local dealer as well, everyone round here has cube and commencal generally form the bike to work scheme.

They do come in some lovely colour-schemes!

but in my (humble) opinion the last great bike the big S made was the steel S-works.

they had a few issues with shocks , but their customer service is excellent .

Specialized

No brainwashing, they just work IMO.
I have my old Stumpies and my modern (2006) Stumpy hardtail keeps up the tradition. It works and lasts despite getting in lots of miles, some hard, some easy. I can jump on it and trust it not to let me down.
Simples :cool:
Jamie

i'm not a spesh fan by any means but i do conceed that there marketing dept does it's job very well.

as far as the bikes go, having worked on them i would say like most multi link suspension designs they can be a pig to work on if you need to change bearings etc. looks wise their graphic department does a good job of making the bikes match and flow with the colour choices.

i do think there is an element of subtle brainwashing though, if you go into most shops that sell specialized the shop will have the entire range, not just bikes, helmets, clothing, computers, lights, tyres to the point where a customer wouldn't dare put a cateye product on their new bike coz it wouldn't match!

they are the only company that has achieved this, giant tried a few years ago and failed.

still wouldn't buy one though. :twisted:

Round us it seems that if a shop sells the big 'S' it doesn't carry other brands. One decent bike shop in Skipton and it only has Spesh, biggest in Harrogate is the same. :roll:

Never had one and don't really want one TBH. ;)

dorsetbikeloving":2pe8zjd9 said:
the bike mechanics say the FSR units are awful, apparently constantly going wrong.

I guess you are right.

Bike mechanics moan about everything :LOL:

Back