Are these C2 pads? only a fiver

Hope 2pot sport sounds about right . I don't think anything ever changed on the old 2 pots except colour and spacing .

I wish the new calipers still had magnetic pistons , even though they do have a tendency to rust :LOL: :( not a fan of the bent bit of metal springs , seem to trap dirt .

I phoned today qand theyre the same size CRC think theyll fit ok

They are shi* hot really ,considering how well they work and how long theyve lasted.

Imagine if you will.
Going into your LBS and asking for a set of disc brakes that have fully adjustable pads and a lever with infinite reach adjustment.
They have to work flawlessly through every British winter,And not need servicing for at least 5 yrs.

They will laugh at you and ask you to leave.

I dont think theres been much improvement in the world of disc brakes other than the increased service costs and the shorter riding time between services.
And they're not as robust

I know exactly what you mean .

I had mono minis for a while but my heart just couldn't get on with the levers . I'm in the minority of weirdos that brake with the middle finger and any lever blade that is excessively cut out cuts that finger that is neither middle nor little ( whats that suckers name , damn near useless finger , barely controllable .)

I also like very very little lever movement before the pads bite . I've never seen the point in pulling a load of slack lever before the brake is useful . If you braking / non braking in rapid succession you just end up holding the lever taught . Dial out the slack and give your fingers a rest and let them hold the bars for brief seconds . The sports are the only disc levers I've used that allow such adjustment . It's even flippable , none of that "i have a left but need a right ." If it pumps up i give the dial a wind , I'm never going to be hammering down the side of a mountain so I don't need the expansion of an open system .

Then theres the calipers . I wasn't fond of the idea of a solid machined caliper with unscrewable bore , I couldn't notice any real added stiffness ( of course there will be but at my level of riding i never noticed a perceivable benefit ) i just saw an added hassle if i need to give it all a clean . I prefer the magnetic pad retention to the crappy twisted bit of wire they do now too .

I'm willing to meet halfway with a normal mini but I've noticed on the front it isn't as fade resistant as an older 2pot .

Sore fingers?
there were little neoprene sleeves that went over the blades available bitd :cool:
I've used a couple of layers of wrapped gaffa tape before i found the sleeves,
Not sure you can still get them these days :?

Im more an index finger braker,i ride with 3 fingers and thumb wrapped round the bars with my index finger permanently resting on the levers
Just the way i ride :?
--
The adjustable top cap was on the pro lever too,not just on the sport.
Nowadays you have to buy the near top brake models to get pad adjustment features like that
Progress eh? :roll:

It's because my hand is nearer the lever so that crappy finger gets crushed by the bend on the lever blade .

I currently use -

c2 180mm - sport front
mini 160mm - pro rear

I think I prefer the sport lever , I like the way the reservoir can be placed close to the bar and the fact its front/rear .

Back