A couple of pics from Goodwood Revival 09

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Had one mission this year so missed a lot of the round up and action stuff.

But here's a few of the legend Stirling.

(and one of Klein Mad Chris on the blag) ;)

Attachments

• KleinChris.jpg
    KleinChris.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,246
  • Stirl7copy.jpg
    Stirl7copy.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,245
  • MissGWcopy.jpg
    MissGWcopy.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,244
  • Buzzcopy.jpg
    Buzzcopy.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,243
:D

Attachments

• Track.jpg
    Track.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,241
  • Who.jpg
    Who.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,240
  • Mark02copy.jpg
    Mark02copy.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1,238
  • Stirl14copy.jpg
    Stirl14copy.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,237
Nice one Wu

I dragged the better half along on Saturday this year. Fantastic weather, superb racing. Spent much of the day over with Bruce at St Mary's.

Love the Revival – Goodwood is a great circuit from a spectating point of view (you can get so close to the action) – I urge anyone who gets a chance to go along.

Oh… Who here remembers the Outspan Orange??? Made my day seeing that on the 50 years of Mini parade :cool:

Attachments

• Racing.jpg
    Racing.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,190
  • Outspan.jpg
    Outspan.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,190
Some great pics there Wu. Have you any more?
I'm not sure about the Revival now. When it first started it was great, and the whole dressing up, on track action, old motors in the paddock etc is fantastic. But can't help thinking it's lost it's way a little- it's all gone very corporate and just feels like another jolly garden party for Lord March and the beautiful people. It's still a great day out and I would go if it were nearer but it needs to take a good look at it's self and try and get back to what made it special in the first place. Luckily the Le Mans Classic, although there is a small corporate presence has managed to keep the balance right and has managed to retain it's original charm.

Dr S":1kt9r74c said:
Some great pics there Wu. Have you any more?
I'm not sure about the Revival now. When it first started it was great, and the whole dressing up, on track action, old motors in the paddock etc is fantastic. But can't help thinking it's lost it's way a little- it's all gone very corporate and just feels like another jolly garden party for Lord March and the beautiful people. It's still a great day out and I would go if it were nearer but it needs to take a good look at it's self and try and get back to what made it special in the first place. Luckily the Le Mans Classic, although there is a small corporate presence has managed to keep the balance right and has managed to retain it's original charm.

kind of agree, but i think it's more that it's the same as it was and we have been too many times. Or seen pics too many time. I think i'll give it a miss next year as it is the same near enough year in year out. But then if you were going first time, you'd still have an amazing time. It IS a truely wonderful event.

more pics....not that much varied stuff this year. Was aiming for one or two people specifically.

and anyway, what's wrong with us beautiful people having a jolly and a free sunday lunch...
;)

I was there on the Friday, had a great time as always.

Some of my photos, full set on my flickr at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/markend/

3943428975_cf4ea8dfc6.jpg

3943428901_5d5fdd02cf.jpg

3944207104_5288967433.jpg

3943428197_81f0ba3c3d.jpg

3943428113_f7ce00b5f4.jpg

3943428029_6c35bdef71.jpg

3943427399_7a54558f49.jpg

3943426469_2bec530f46.jpg

3944205002_c5bb40a427.jpg

tintin40":2o3ptvca said:
Is KleinChris trying to grow a tash??

the jury is still out on that one! we think it may a left over from his morning cappuccino, way to much grated chocolate and no napkin, rest assured his mother will be having words with him about his cleanliness when he gets backs from cubs and he will be made to wash his face before bed :p

Back