Is it me or does everybody do a last minute bid now on Ebay?

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've got some things for sale right now, with 7 1/2 hours to go and there's tons of watchers but the prices are still <£10.

Now I know I tend to snipe these days - is this becoming the norm? :D (I'm kind of hoping :shock:

Even though I rarely use eBay I always bid in the last few mins (without a sniper)

what's the use for bidding early
i determine for myself what i want to pay and then use a sniper

the later you leave bidding the lower the end price might be due to others not getting their bids in in time, unless they are using snipers which means the highest low bid wins if that makes sense! meaning if 10 people have snipers the winning bid will be the highest to win but not their maximum.

I think if there's few bids in the week the chances are it won't sell very high.

I always list things with a starting price as the lowest id take . As soon as theres one bid its as good as sold , any more and its a bonus . Saves all the stressing as a lot of people on ebay are morons now .

Don't forget a lot of watchers will be people just trying to ascertain a market value for similar things , or have nothing better to do than see how much people are willing to pay for odd things .

I'll often put a low bid in early, mostly so I have a reminder in 'My eBay', but then always leave a final bid to the last few seconds for the raised heartrate & sweaty palms etc. Love it when I win, soul destroying when I lose.
Anything else is a waste of time.

Back