my mums website

dirtjumper_dmr

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
little bit of promo here, not that any of you lot would be interested but there are Wives And Girlfriends :LOL:

my mums website for her new business venture....

Hand made 'recycled' gifts are especially fun, I think, and you'll find a variety of goods on offer from earrings made from drinks cans to sewing accessories made from walnut shells and old jumpers! If you enjoy embroidery you'll find beautiful embroidered items and even Stumpwork embroidery kits so you can do-it-yourself.

All items on this site have been carefully made by hand and approximately 75% are made using recycled, reclaimed or other peoples throw-out materials. Any bought-in supplies are, wherever possible, ethically and responsibly sourced.

http://www.madebyhandby.me.uk/

take a look and any constructive critism would be appreciated, my sister sorted the site and stuff, and would love some feedback.
I promised my mum i'd put a link up as she paid for my Rockhopper :oops:

Cheers people

Rich

Hi,

Site is good, but some comments from me.

Make the font more internet friendly - verdana font is good (times new roman is difficult to read on websites). Shrink the image on the first page so you don't have to scroll for introduction text (I didn't know it was there at first.

The fact the site is prompting a cookie from mrsite.com when the url is something different would concern me if purchasing.

Remove I, me, etc. It should be Contact Us. Or We or the company name. For the About Me - I would use About Made by Hand, then introduce Penny.

Similarly email address make it match the domain name of the site (looks more professional). Alternatively contact forms are good.

Hope that helps.

m-trax":5sf1cfam said:
Hi,

Site is good, but some comments from me.

Make the font more internet friendly - verdana font is good (times new roman is difficult to read on websites). Shrink the image on the first page so you don't have to scroll for introduction text (I didn't know it was there at first.

The fact the site is prompting a cookie from mrsite.com when the url is something different would concern me if purchasing.

Remove I, me, etc. It should be Contact Us. Or We or the company name. For the About Me - I would use About Made by Hand, then introduce Penny.

Similarly email address make it match the domain name of the site (looks more professional). Alternatively contact forms are good.

Hope that helps.

Thank you. I will pass all of that on :)

Rich :)

I agree about the font(s), the front page image size & the use of "I" & "me"

Agree with the above, try looking at the site in a 1024 x 768 resolution, quite a standard resolution and common in older laptops and I think these cut down netbooks. (or it will be close to that by a few pixels with something x 800 anyway)

Also, what no retro-recycled-bike jewellery or ornaments on there ?

Back