Who owns the wood?

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Morning Folks,

I have two multi fuel stoves in the house and its getting time to stock up on wood/coal etc.

Just wondering what the policy/legal position is of cut/felled wood in forests etc?

Fair game or stealing?

There is a mixture of council/natural trust owned forests around me that have plenty going spare.......

Just a thought at this stage....

i think it is stealing .

i have a stove too . i pay £50 for a load which is the back of a pick up truck

Yes I think its stealing, but £50 a load is about right, if you want cheaper you can by full loads of uncut tree trunks cheaper, but its a lot of work to turn them into logs.

Thought this to be the case.

For clarity don't want to/wasn't considering just taking it.

Have spoken to the council - await a response :D

BTW have offered labour for wood! :oops: :LOL:

we used to collect wood in the local area, If I remember rightly, as long as you dont damage the trees themselves, dropped branches are fine.

Wu-Tangled":3larlmzw said:
mark, email my mrs, she's involved with forestry management. knows the law proper.

Could you PM me her details please Gus?

Have hit a dead end this morning with District & County Councils :(

and make sure you don't burn any Yew. It's toxic. Contains a natural cyanide. The fumes of which can kill.

[/i]

We used to own a wood (sort of) and had issues with a local ne'er do well driving into it on a sunday accross our fields with a trailor and chainsaw.

My father had words many times but it was only when we got the local farmer down to have words shotgun over shoulder, and explain how he often shoots in the woods (which he didnt) that we managed to get rid of him.

Obviously that was a different situation as it was private land, but it counted as theft, not that the police were too interested in it.

Back