Has anyone done this...

BarneyRubble

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
another thread just got me thinking about the days when I commuted up and down Cheddar Gorge every day and I remembered that I always had a little film project at the back of my mind. Qustion is not being a filmmaker, how hard would it be to do?

The general idea was to film my ride to work every day (or possibly every few days) for a year and then edit the films into one that was the same length as a normal commute to work. The film would start in winter and as I rode to work the seasons would change so that by the time you arrived at work, a whole year would have passed.

It might be easier now as my commute is far shorter, but it is in town, so the seasons would be nowhere near as obvious.

Has anyone else ever seen or done a similar project, or am I alone in this odd desire!? :LOL:

i guess if you took a photo at strategic points everyday you could stop frame them into a short film

That would be quite a cool piece of work. Not sure how hard or expensive it would be. I have often been out on my bike and thought of lyrics for songs that my mrs has been struggling with, only to forget them by the time i get home.

I think that would be a really cool vid mate.
A lot of patientce would be required but if done properly would be amazing.

Gc

Shame your not rich , you could hire a film maker to follow you for a year :LOL:

I watched The Terminator last week , thought it best to go through the first 3 before i let the mrs watch T4 , saves the stupid questions . After i thought id have a look at the wiki to find some info on it and saw it cost a mere $6 million , which as films go isn't outrageously expensive . Got me thinking , if you were Bill Gates rich , or even Oprah Winfrey , that kinda money isn't very much at all , how cool would it be to have a film as good as The Terminator made for you yourself to watch .

BarneyRubble":1ik77qho said:
Has anyone else ever seen or done a similar project, or am I alone in this odd desire!? :LOL:

Completely alone i'd say.At least as far as the idea goes.But i dont think you are alone in the creative talent department :LOL:

Very,Very good idea for a short film
You would have to wear the same clothes and change them slowly one garment at a time so you can blend it in rather than all of a sudden being in different clothing
If its a handlebar view,in which case you should be aware of your surroundings.They will change, the colour of cars you pass for instance may be one colour one day and then a different car of a different colour] different things occupying the same space as you film it each day].

Unless of course you lose the 'to work via roads' idea and film the riding part in the countryside, where your surroundings will for the most part stay the same,only then will the change be slow and fluid enough not to look jumpy.

Very nice idea,if you went to film school they'd love it and you'd probably get extra credit for taking a whole year to produce :LOL: :LOL:

Three cools to you
:cool: :cool: :cool:

I like it too :cool: :cool: :cool: :LOL:

Funny thing is, during a moment of boredom & trying to entertain youngest children at the weekend, I blue-tacked a camera onto the car dash and filmed the drive around town for 20 mins or so :oops: :oops: :oops:

Not that interesting but it made them laugh afterwards to see things and people they knew along the way.

Do it. Take it to Cannes. You'll win a prize, find fame and fortune and rub shoulder with serious Totty :twisted: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Back