Fitting magura hs33's

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
The maguras i got from awkward kid have arrived.

Problem is theres no fitting kit included.

From what i can see online there should be a collection of washers and bolts to hold them on to normal V brake pivots
Anyone experience of these and can tell me what i need and where i'll get it from.
Thanks much

Probably best to show us a picture of which bits you have as theres an awful lot of parts that fit between callipers and frame.

I have two of the hourglass bolts
thats it,nothing else was included
Heres a pic of one of them

the hour glass bolts are for fitting the qr side on. I will have a look and see what i have that i don't need. Are you fitting the boosters? if you are then you will need the washers. I haven't fitted the boosters as I think they don't work. In my gallery I have pictures of my HS33.

Loads of spares for these on CRC including QR parts. I'd post a link but I am a numpty :(
You can see the QR part on the right in the photo below with a silver/grey arm. These locate on the hourglass bolts you have,you may or may not have to put a washer behind the QR part to get the QR tension right.
Drop me a pm if you have any other specific questions :D

Attachments

• proflex 3 002.JPG
    proflex 3 002.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 1,342
Welcome to hell ...I used two washers to make up for the proper ones and then spent hours pulling my hair out fiddling with them!! :twisted:

Thanks for the help so far ,keep them coming.
Ive nearly worked it out,at least the bolts anyway ,I need to work out what the washer with one flat on it does.
I take it the alloy 'arms hook inside the fork legs/stays to prevent the brake pivoting :?
And you have to be very accurate on matching the distance to the rims on each side
The little red adjusters appear to do nothing,maybe when its fitted ill be able to see what difference they actually make
Ach,who needs a manual :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Has anyone got a spare 'washer with a flat bit on it'?! Assuming you need more than one per brake??? In fact has anyone ever seen just a rear red hs33 for sale?! Loads of frons and pairs but no rears, dagnabbit!!

Back