What you think? bike rack content

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Seen this pop up on ebay, Has anyone got one or seen one? :?

At the moment, I either carry bikes inside (not most practical) or on a old witter towbar rack which is ok for one bike but dont like them all clamped together for more than one?

This looks ideal but cant quite see what holds the bikes upright? :shock: I cant see two straps around the wheels being enough?

Also do you think you would get three adult bikes on without them bashing up each other? :?

Cheers

Dave

Attachments

• !B,Y1Jf!!2k~$(KGrHgoH-CcEjlLlyiyvBKrTEz19oQ~~_12.jpg
    !B,Y1Jf!!2k~$(KGrHgoH-CcEjlLlyiyvBKrTEz19oQ~~_12.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 757
  • !B,Y02tQCGk~$(KGrHgoH-CoEjlLluzl+BKrTETwdfQ~~_12.jpg
    !B,Y02tQCGk~$(KGrHgoH-CoEjlLluzl+BKrTETwdfQ~~_12.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 757
  • !B,YzZV!BGk~$(KGrHgoH-D8EjlLlyV52BKrTB17EIw~~_12.jpg
    !B,YzZV!BGk~$(KGrHgoH-D8EjlLlyV52BKrTB17EIw~~_12.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 757
Hi Dave

Agree with your thoughts regarding supporting the bikes. Not sure what make this one is but the Fiamma three bike rack on the camper has arms that secure the bikes by clamping the top tubes. My friend has a Thule version that fits to a towbar and has "A" frame type supports that fit between the tracks to support the bikes.

Regarding space we actually put three bikes on our rack - two of them quite small (mine!) It took quite a bit of manouvering to get them to fit and a few bits of pipelagging to prevent them scratching on contact points but havin set it all up the whole arrangement was pretty stable!

CAS

Hmmm

My 2p worth - I know there are aerodynamic advantages to bikeracks, but Id prefer to carry them on a roofrack, in individual holders, so no scratching/bashing against each other etc...

Cheers

Fingers//

I wouldn't fancy driving with that, TBH. Roof rack for me, anyday.

Not that I have a car anymore, of course. :cool:

I have a cheap one from Argos to put on back of a Galaxy .

it is designed to take 3 bikes but so far have only used it for 2 adult bikes .

for the cheap price tag it is pretty good and bikes dont move about a lot .

just use some foam in between bikes .

Them bike spacers are a great idea!!

Think I will keep an eye on it :D

Back