BE ON THE LOOK OUT IN BRISTOL.

I had heard of similar before, people taking bikes in Oxford to sell in cambridge, and the opposite. 2 cities with lots of students and lots of bikes, easy targets.

I guess being in Manchester there is the same level of risk.

Sneaky, but its sooo easy to earn big (or small) money fast. :(

That you tube video with the regular dressed theives is a big bad reality check.

Like anything people end up having to learn the hard way. there should be more secure storage though if they really want people to cycle everywhere.

A lovely lady who works in the office next door to me, bike ( nice £400ish Claude Butler ) and an ickle padlock on some garden center chainlink chain. Even after I politely suggested she get a better lock she said....

" Ooh no, they're too much trouble and fiddly. Besides, this lock's lasted me all over Europe. "

Good luck with the troublesome and fiddly search for a £10 a day parking space when it gets nicked you spanner......I thought.

"The suspect was seen in a shirt and tie, putting on a helmet and trouser-ties, tampering with a lock on a Mountain bike, which he then calmly placed into his rucksack, before attempting to ride off."

is it just me or does that not sound in anyway dodgy ??

Edit: however after reading on further i now see the point.

Back