hi all.yet another newbie here

mikef350

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
hi all

I am mike and i am 28 and live in brigg which is in the north lincs area.i found this site from a current member and hopefully new rideing partner lewis1641(great guy who i met from ebay).any way i purchased a kona AA k shock xc mountain bike(yes its a pinky purple colour) and i have been told its one of kona's first alloy frames with marzochi suspension forks,the paints chiped in places but apart from that its in ok condition.I carnt beleave how lite it is for it's age.does any body no when theese was made?

hope to make some freinds on here and find out some usefull information on these old school classics

mike

This one, and Lewis has mentioned you already. Now pop to the Lincolnshire Rides thread that is around somewhere.

(wide picture, so it messes with my screen but is quick to post) [via KonaRetro.com] and should be 25.5lb for 18" as standard.
11.jpg

FluffyChicken":hvoa6dl0 said:
This one, and Lewis has mentioned you already. Now pop to the Lincolnshire Rides thread that is around somewhere.

(wide picture, so it messes with my screen but is quick to post) [via KonaRetro.com] and should be 25.5lb for 18" as standard.
11.jpg

yer thats the kiddy mate.to save me striping the forks out does any body no what size the steering tube is?is it 1/1 8th?is so then i can fit some more modern suspension forks.where abouts is the lics section?

Hello again! If you go to the forum page you'll need to click on the rides and meets section. There's a lincolnshire area section in there.

mikef350":1chsloyn said:
superb!the forks have had it so need a different pair.

Sure they don't just need a wipe down, some fresh oil and pumping up to the correct pressure ?

Bare in mind that modern forks tend to be longer in the legs (and a lot lot heavier unless you spend ££). Though if you buy forks from around the same era it should be fine.

Back