DIY saddle covering

1 hour 30, man he's slow!

Done 2 flites and also my cheapy plastic foam thing on my commuter now spots a sexy leather coat.

Quite keen on doing some fancy recoverings with a little more time and artistic effort put in.

JeRkY":3cyx8k5e said:
1 hour 30, man he's slow!

Done 2 flites and also my cheapy plastic foam thing on my commuter now spots a sexy leather coat.

Quite keen on doing some fancy recoverings with a little more time and artistic effort put in.
IM NOT SLOW! i just pay attention to detail :p i hate leather (shudders) hate the vibrations and squeks when you pedal :S well thats what my brooks did at least!

Try using suede then ;)
I think the leather on brooks is specially grown :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
----
Word of note on you would be upholsterers,when he says smooth it over what you need to do is be quite firm,you are gently stretching it.If its too loose,it will crease and be uncomfortable.

dyna-ti":2feefw46 said:
Try using suede then ;)
I think the leather on brooks is specially grown :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
----
Word of note on you would be upholsterers,when he says smooth it over what you need to do is be quite firm,you are gently stretching it.If its too loose,it will crease and be uncomfortable.
lol mayb i have used suede already! ;)

any link to some white leather offcuts .

I cant find any on ebay , i want to cover a Flite .

I like this thread,its great to see peoples handiwork :D

But a picture speaks a thousand words ;)

cchris2lou":3n1348sb said:
any link to some white leather offcuts .

I cant find any on ebay , i want to cover a Flite .

If you want I can have a look down Bricklane for you, lots of leather shops with offcuts available there.

Or you could buy my white Flite ti trans alp...

Back