Blackberry Curve 8900....Any good?

losidan

Senior Retro Guru
I was thinking of going back to phone contract again and Orange are doing a free one of these with 900 free mins and unlimited texts...sat nav too. Just wondering if anyone has one and what they thought of the phone if they have one?

Blackberrys are awesome, but fragile.

I have one via work, but 3 handsets in 9 months......all internal problems, not through missuse (dropping etc).

Hello Everyone,

I had bought the mobile just before two months.

The BB browser IS decent. Consider the following things that haven't been said:

1) The guy in the video uses Shift+m to type the period into the URL instead of the Space key. Obviously, someone who is not familiar with Blackberrys.

2) Everything loads a lot faster in "single-column" mode, which the reviewer is not using. I seriously question the intelligence of people who insist on viewing sites in desktop layout on a two-inch screen. Yes, the iPhone does that and it also sucks.

3) Turn off Javascript support. You rarely ever need it. The browser will be A LOT faster with JS off.

4) I noticed the browser trying to load and run scripts even in the mobile version of Engadget. What kind of DUMB ASS writes client-side scripts into a "mobile" site? Whatever Engadget are paying their Web designers, it's more than they deserve.

Don't know about the blackberry sorry, But i can highly recommend the Nokia E71, It is brill, it has sat nav built in, sports tracker, full qwerty keyboard, decent camera, etc...

Also the contract package i got is very good i get...

200 cross network minutes
4000 texts
3000 3to3 minutes
1gb of internet per month

all for £20 on 3 mobile

Had them for years, got an 8800 currently, I'm not nice to it but it's never let me down, ever. Web browser is good, mobile email is life saving and the GPS program I use to track my rides is great too. The 8800 doesn't have a camera but for me its a phone not a toy, I call people, SMS people, track my rides using the GPS and wake up to MP3/music alarms every day....good enough for me :)

Back