Totally offtopic - Consoles (ps1) and tv cards

Rocker9455

Old School Hero
Ive been having a look on the internet at trying to use my hauppauge HVR-1200 card with a PS1 or 2
i really dont understand what i need -.- even though usually im fairly technologically capable!
any ideas guys?

this is the card:
http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/products/data_hvr1200mckit.html
it has:
- an ariel plug (ive heard ps1 have an ariel cable or something!?)
- S-video/composite

Cheers,
hope someone can help me :D (i know this isnt the best place to post. . . but your all so nice!)

you will probably struggle to play games effectivley as TV cards generally have a bit of a lag from the input to them displaying things on the pc screen...

ie you will press left to go left and it will only do it a second or so later....

spacehopper":1i2bu62s said:
you will probably struggle to play games effectivley as TV cards generally have a bit of a lag from the input to them displaying things on the pc screen...

ie you will press left to go left and it will only do it a second or so later....
yeh i know - thats with some tv cards which optimize input :S

I do not know the PS1 at all, but if it only has RF out (TV aerial connection)

then you would need to feed this in to the RF socket on the card, then when on the menu screen/playing game/whatever it has, scan channels (analogue) for it.

FluffyChicken":340y2r2r said:
I do not know the PS1 at all, but if it only has RF out (TV aerial connection)

then you would need to feed this in to the RF socket on the card, then when on the menu screen/playing game/whatever it has, scan channels (analogue) for it.
Nice one! *goes off to raise bid on ps1 on ebay* i think that sounds the easiest way

Though I don't know why you would want to do that as a TV is much easier.
And you could probably buy the PlayStation/PSone in many a game store that sells used stuff (gamestation in uk for example) for cheap. so don't bid a lot.

FluffyChicken":14x6czch said:
Though I don't know why you would want to do that as a TV is much easier.
And you could probably buy the PlayStation/PSone in many a game store that sells used stuff (gamestation in uk for example) for cheap. so don't bid a lot.
well £10 online there about £30 in gamestation IIRC, plus monitors better for me - can have one in my bedroom :D

the playstation one is getting on a bit now . when i still had one in 03 it only worked upside down :LOL:

id guess the gamestation ones would be warranted

go for a slim ps2 . itl still play the ps1 games , take less space and look cooler

i nearly got gran turismo 2 to work on the laptop last week , but it managed to lose the interweb connection in the process . possibly an unrelated matter but it was at the same time i was playing around with emulators

perry":1hqx8a4l said:
the playstation one is getting on a bit now . when i still had one in 03 it only worked upside down :LOL:

id guess the gamestation ones would be warranted

go for a slim ps2 . itl still play the ps1 games , take less space and look cooler

i nearly got gran turismo 2 to work on the laptop last week , but it managed to lose the interweb connection in the process . possibly an unrelated matter but it was at the same time i was playing around with emulators
isnt this retrogamer, oh no of course its not its retro bike :D its all for the retro ness, pluss i hate ps2s and ps1s are smaller and make less noise!

the ps1 was a pail attempt to make a few quid before the 2 was released :LOL:

if its retro gaming , im currently playing final fantasy 2

Back