Anyone into Beach buggy's ?

jimihendrix

MacRetro Rider
Got a serious hankering to get one at the moment :) , been looking at them for a while, had a ride in one about 15 years ago, was very basic with a hot motor in it, was nearly as scary as the V8 Dutton B+ i had a ride in :LOL:

Seems to be some are good and some not so good, recon it'd need to be a SWB late 60's early 70's Rat or GP with pod mounted headlights, this GP is just about perfect :cool:, would have Slot mag wheels on it though instead of those Kidney beans.

gp3.jpg

Also love this one Wheeler Dealers built :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCtF_7ZHvPs

Going rate seems to be about 4-5 K for a good one.

web%20chris.JPG
saw one of these in a parking lot while in the states, a true four seater buggy! looked like fun!

there were a load in newquay last time i was there . look very fun , although i cant quite see what use they have

5k for a cut down beetle with a load of fibreglass , surely you could knock one together for cheaper

perry":3lhrvytd said:
5k for a cut down beetle with a load of fibreglass , surely you could knock one together for cheaper

Not so sure :? , a decent Beetle donor with a sound engine and floor must be at least £500, £1200-£1500 for a Buggy kit, a grand or so for wheels and tyres, a few hundred for fancy exhaust and dress up bits for the motor, a new one would have the SVA headaches too, also new versions have a covered motor (probably due to namby pamby legistlation :roll: ), i dont do things by halfs so if i was building one it'd be a proper thing.

If i was buying a nice complete one i'd be selling the Capri to fund it, the Capri is pretty much a toy anyway so i'd just be replacing it with another toy :D

It'd probably never see a beach of course :LOL:

That green one is ok but not what i'd go for, much prefer SWB two seaters, it's also sitting far to high.

Whats the Spartan Treka like fingers ?

Lol its a fiesta based kit car mate, my mate is selling one. Its a bit like a mini moke, but not, if that makes any sense...

fingers":3baoazxo said:
Lol its a fiesta based kit car mate, my mate is selling one. Its a bit like a mini moke, but not, if that makes any sense...

Ah, right, i like Mini Mokes but not quite what i'd be after ;)

sell the capper :shock:

i supose with cost of petrol it doesnt come out as much as it used to :(

once ive got a garage ill be spending all my time on a anglia estate , shave the weight right off it and see how fuel efficient i can get it . itl be tax exempt too

how about a pickup ? im trying to think of something that will get a lot of use so justify its cost . you dont live in the sunniest of places :LOL:

Back