hi-fi buffs

sorry i'm not looking for a hi-fi just thought it looked intresting .

i have a little denon hi-fi that'll put some really expensive ones to shame :D

buy the biggest ****-off Japanese amplifier you can afford from the 1980's - it'll sound better than any crap overpriced UK bilge.

I should know, I spent 10 years working in the UK Hifi industry...

legrandefromage":h398phej said:
buy the biggest f**k-off Japanese amplifier you can afford from the 1980's - it'll sound better than any crap overpriced UK bilge.

TAG McLaren weren't that bad...... ;)

ferrus":1n5drvy8 said:
legrandefromage":1n5drvy8 said:
buy the biggest f**k-off Japanese amplifier you can afford from the 1980's - it'll sound better than any crap overpriced UK bilge.

TAG McLaren weren't that bad...... ;)

spend 200 GBP on Jap amp or 2k GBP on TAG stuff - your choice

:p

DONT buy current Quad/ Audiolab/ Cambridge Audio

AWFULL

Old school Luxman before they were bought out by Alpine was and still is the shizzle. I have the Champagne series M and C 02 amp/preamp with Twin class A amps. They pump out insane amounts of heat and are close to 200 pounds for the pair, but they produce incredible sound.

C-02_M-02.jpg

canuckinboston":kgonxfru said:
Old school Luxman before they were bought out by Alpine was and still is the shizzle. I have the Champagne series M and C 02 amp/preamp with Twin class A amps. Unbelievably hot but sounds great.

C-02_M-02.jpg

'unbelievably hot' - what a waste of a transformer... :roll:

dont buy 'class A' - buy Valve instead if you want the 'class A' 'sound'

Buy big amp with even bigger transformers - then you cant go wrong. Believe me when I say this, I've had two pints of Amstel, so I must be right....

:D :D :D :p

Back