Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:01 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:29 pm 
West Midlands AEC
West Midlands AEC
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 6266
Location: Stow on the Wold, Glos
And me!!! 8)

Anyone remember the original A.W.O.L live at the ministry of sound?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFCd8X1mtkY

Hype was always my fav at the raves with MCMC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:34 pm 
Lincs AEC
Lincs AEC

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:34 pm
Posts: 12314
Location: Branston, Lincoln
daj wrote:
Hype was always my fav at the raves with MCMC


Agree.

MC Sharky = nutter!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:38 pm 
West Midlands AEC
West Midlands AEC
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 6266
Location: Stow on the Wold, Glos
Sharkey was always a Fav.. We were south coast at the time Fusion`s stomping ground , Druid & Sharkey early sets were awsome. And MC Knight was the nuts but he seem to vanish. Ooooww and Ramos!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:33 am 
Lincs AEC
Lincs AEC

Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:34 pm
Posts: 12314
Location: Branston, Lincoln
daj wrote:
Sharkey was always a Fav.. We were south coast at the time Fusion`s stomping ground , Druid & Sharkey early sets were awsome. And MC Knight was the nuts but he seem to vanish. Ooooww and Ramos!!


Ramos and Marley we're awesome.

I still have my Fusion jacket hanging up.....the wife and kids hate it when I put it on! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:55 am 
BANNED USER
BANNED USER

Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:16 am
Posts: 450
Location: Rollin' in my 6-4,with everybody sayin..
Fusion at the Guildahll,POrtsmouth? i went to every one,a mate used to work with Druid and knew Ramos as used to buy records from him


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:52 pm 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:24 pm
Posts: 5720
Location: Dorset
daj wrote:
And me!!! 8)

Anyone remember the original A.W.O.L live at the ministry of sound?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFCd8X1mtkY

Hype was always my fav at the raves with MCMC


AWOL was my favorite, bitd. Went to a few and they were always top notch.
Got loads of the old AWOL tape packs! Both the 6 packs, and most of the doubles. Loved MCGQ (only him and Conrad who didn't ruin the dj's sets, imho).
Working on getting them all converted to mp3 format, so will let you know when its done :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:56 pm 
West Midlands AEC
West Midlands AEC
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 6266
Location: Stow on the Wold, Glos
Quote:
(only him and Conrad who didn't ruin the dj's sets, imho).


Quite agree didnt like the later style of MC... It was like hearing Horse race commentators :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:09 pm 
South West Deputy AEC
South West Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:16 pm
Posts: 1840
Location: Wilts
Oi Oi :wink: Sorry chaps for the late reply, on hol with mobile broadband thats not the best, so can't really watch the youtube clips.
Agreed, Mc's GQ and Conrad ARE the only Mc's that didn't ruin D&B Sets.
However, Ribz,Robbe-D were the best for the early stuff :wink:
Anybody do Helter skelter @ the sanctuary :?: World dance @ Llyd airport, Fantasia's any :?: Universe's :?: Ravealation elevation :?:
Perception :?: to name a few.
High contrast by the way is a spotty little oik from Cardiff don't you know, had a chat with him after his album launch @ thelka in Brizol the other month.
keep a ear out for Danny byrd, he's a local round ere :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:54 pm 
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
BoTM Winner / retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:24 pm
Posts: 5720
Location: Dorset
heathy wrote:
Oi Oi :wink: Sorry chaps for the late reply, on hol with mobile broadband thats not the best, so can't really watch the youtube clips.
Agreed, Mc's GQ and Conrad ARE the only Mc's that didn't ruin D&B Sets.
However, Ribz,Robbe-D were the best for the early stuff :wink:
Anybody do Helter skelter @ the sanctuary :?: World dance @ Llyd airport, Fantasia's any :?: Universe's :?: Ravealation elevation :?:
Perception :?: to name a few.
High contrast by the way is a spotty little oik from Cardiff don't you know, had a chat with him after his album launch @ thelka in Brizol the other month.
keep a ear out for Danny byrd, he's a local round ere :wink:


My first ever 'big' rave was a Perception! It was this one... http://www.theprodigy.nl/files/tourdate ... -30aug.php
What a night!
Did a few Fantazia events too - Second Sight, Summertime (obviously!) and Donnington. Anyone else go to the 'beach' World Dance??
Always liked Stompy Dom best out of the early MC's. FAR too much of my youth spent at Sterns :D Happy days

Still listen to loads of old skool sets. My mates always say I still live my life in the early 90's :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:27 am 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:48 pm
Posts: 5111
Location: Out here in the perimeter...
heathy wrote:
Anybody do Helter skelter @ the sanctuary :?: World dance @ Llyd airport, Fantasia's any :?: Universe's :?: Ravealation elevation :?:


Helter Skelter pre Sanctuary :wink: (I'm older than you guys :oops: :oops: ), E.S.P Supernova, Universe, Eclipse, DiY, Synergy (Shamen). Not really DnB back then, just Hardcore that morphed into Jungle Techno/Ragga......have got lots of MP3 mixes of all the live sets from BITD 8)

Early Roni Size is worth a look.
Top Buzz
SS
Hype
Ray Keith...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group