Just got banned

Huntso

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi all

After some opinions (good or bad) from some relatively sane people, that's you lot :)

Just got a lifetime ban from a website and in particular their classified section
Anyone who knows me might find that a bit surprising or at least I hope they would

My crime was to offer to buy something via paypal "gift" and ask for their paypal address

Admittedly I didn't have any trader feedback although I did state that if a search was done on their site it would show several purchases going back over six months
The seller seemed reluctant and enquired whether I could provide references to which I replied that seeing as they would have the money and the goods it was irrelevant

Apparently that seemed dodgy and for questioning why my integrity was doubted I got a lifetime trading ban for not providing details in line with their policy. This was the same punishment as if I had actually ripped someone off and all I wanted to do was pay

Thought about it for a while and couldn't resist a parting shot (not foul or abusive) at the moderator to which he replied that he was very upset by my words especially after he saw my age (50) no I don't know what that's got to do with it either :?

Was this a fair banning or if it happened to you would you feel a tad miffed?

Cheers
Rich

thats stupid, it you that taking all the risk as your not coverd for refunds if you use gift, what site was it? go on post a link

Rich,

Some moderators are just bullies. They let a bit of power go to their heads and the next thing you know, they're belittling the members or banning them like there's no tomorrow.

I've just been scolded on a site where I was a regular with almost 500 posts to my name. What was my crime? Mentioning the word "Hackintosh" in a post (this is a PC that's been tweaked or "hacked" to run Mac programs). For that, my post was edited and I got a very sanctimonious and condescending rebuke from one of the mods.

I felt pretty peed off about it for a day or two, spent a while composing my "parting shot" message in my head, but then I just got over it. I realised that if I never visit that site again, I can't possibly be a target for a sad little tosser like him. Which is nice! :cool:

Rule number one of internet forums: Never expect them to be moderated logically or fairly.

Did they not just ban you 'cos you're bald and a bit of a mean lookin' MOFO :shock:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Go on - Out 'em :!: Here :!: :!: Spill the beans .......

Huntso":1c9ffyyt said:
I'm not actually bald, just got very short hair and I was trying to look jolly in that picture
:) :) :)

Jolly imtimidating brute-type, ex-copper person with an axe to grind :shock:

Really tho' - you must tell us of the site if its cycle related :twisted:

Back