Fuel duty to rise from midnight 01/09/09

The Mrs topped up the Scooby at lunch time and we did wonder why Tesco was so busy :roll:

Went back just before closing to grab some other bits and they were backed up out of the garage, accross the road and into the supermarket car park :shock:

"Supermarket group Morrisons said it would not be increasing the cost of fuel at its forecourts until 6 September."

Scooby might need to be filled again by then ???

I run on the devils juice might have to look into chip oil again .... funny smell and makes you hungry all the time !!

Russell":2k61z55n said:
So what are we all doing to cut down our car use then?

I have to admit to feeling rather pious on the car front. I've never done more than 8,000 miles in a year (family of 4) when in the UK, and even fewer now.

I get to work by bike, or on a bus, with the odd taxi thrown in, but then again I live 6 miles from the office so am very fortunate.

I paid £1.05 for diesel at 3.30am this morning in the centre of Cambridge

£15 gets me about 230 miles worth

I've done more miles on the bike this last twelve months than i have in the car. Now i dont work i rarely use the car, Living just outside the town centre means i down need it for shopping so its mainly used for family outings. £10 of petrol generally lasts 3 or 4 weeks, Plus running a small economical polo is another benefit.

Kestonian":33jlri5e said:
Russell":33jlri5e said:
So what are we all doing to cut down our car use then?

I have to admit to feeling rather pious on the car front. I've never done more than 8,000 miles in a year (family of 4) when in the UK, and even fewer now.

I get to work by bike, or on a bus, with the odd taxi thrown in, but then again I live 6 miles from the office so am very fortunate.

I do even less, i'm an HGV driver so try and avoid driving anywhere when not working.

Also been very lucky with jobs, current place is four miles from home, last was two miles.

Back