New cheap frames

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I just picked up a new carrera vulcan frame[and xcm forks]

Looking at it -its red very shiny in a lustre sort of way,but as we all know shiny counts for little
Its a disc only frame and has proper hose mounts under to top tube and mech cable routing down the up tube[bottom pull front mech then]has an IS mount and replaceable hanger and the headtube has the 1.5" tube with an integrated headset[included] and the headtube is also reinforced with a gusset.
Wishbone seat stays and box section chain stays and is made from 7005 series alloy

It's also very light,as light as any frame ive ridden and perhaps lighter than some good frames.
Impressed...
I'd say so .
So the reason for this post is...Even cheap frames are benefiting from the filtered down technology and are they now far better than the older frames we all stand by ?.

I am impressed to say the least :cool: :cool: :cool:
PS.Its going straight to ebay along with the forks at a BIN price unless somebody here wants something new and shiny

Attachments

• Picture 019 (Large).jpg
    Picture 019 (Large).jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 602
probably from the same factories as 'expensive' stuff. Had one of those frames given to me - it road like a plank of wood....

I think to get the equivalent of what we had back then, you have to spend a lot. When steel was popular, there were plenty of cheap frames that rode well as well as the expensive steel that rode even better.

hoegaardenadds1":3ofwikvl said:
made in the same factory as kona, apparently the second biggest bike manufacturer in the world after giant. strongarm or something.
Cant be as bad as a kona though surely

Latest posts

Back