Gumtree, a dangerous place.

a bit silly going on his own with £5000 cash. But very lucky to be alive

:evil:
effing theiving murderous scum of the earth.

Sme contries would cut off the hand of a thief, and then hand em for murder, lucky for them they are in a tolerant society, but then they still take the p...

My personal tip, would be go ebay and then set the search for who lives closest to you if say, you are looking for a bicycle. Then, you can bid, save usually on the shipping cost which is a big advantage by picking it up. With ebay too, people get feedback, it's not as much of a blind transaction as with gumtree. You doubt someone's going to rip you off, if they've got 1000 or a 100 positive feedback reviews.

I agree, there can be a bit of apprehension on lists like gumtree. Sometimes people run ads for bike co-ops and things like that, so that isn't as bad. I would never buy something stolen.

Admittedly, one can't always buy from someone close by as far as ebay goes and some people live far from the cities, ebay can still be of good use. I bought something from someone about a 90 minute drive away but even the shipping was reasonably inexpensive. Honest seller they were. Some shipping costs are pumped up inordinately.

:shock: Ooh Err..I've got to go and pick up a frame and fork saturday.
I saw the ad on Gumtree .
Hope i survive :LOL:

No seriously,this is very scary.
Note the gumtree spokesman said 'meet in daylight in a public place'
According to the news,he DID arrange to meet in daylight and in a public place
Way to go gumtree,your PR has just fallen flat on its face :?

Poor bloke, can't help thinking that going to meet a stranger on your own with £5000 cash is a bit foolhardy though. I've held money (£10k+) for friends in the past on the basis of it all goes wrong a) they start swinging and b)I start running, if need be obviously!

Back