bought new house phone, when connected internet stops!

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
how fackin' bizaaaaaaaare is that when I connect a BT Freestyle 750 to my phone line the bloody internet disappears...

its back to the Binatone....

manny - oh i used to use a mobile a lot for work , now whenever it rings i get a pain in my head .

bernard - whats your number ?

BB16_jpg.jpg

legrandefromage":371ol6a3 said:
how fackin' bizaaaaaaaare is that when I connect a BT Freestyle 750 to my phone line the bloody internet disappears...

its back to the Binatone....

dumb question I know but you are using a Microfilter aren't you? The 750 is a full DECT phone (digital) and your Binatone might not have been....sorry if im stating the obvious :?

legrandefromage":6guoh95t said:
yes, connected via the adsl filter, both old and new are dect fones.

What else is plugged in there?

If you exceed 4 REN with some BT outlets there is a voltage problem. Your phone won't care but the BB will get the hump. (most phones will have the REN number underneath on a sticker...most are only REN1)

neilll":2zicbnbm said:
legrandefromage":2zicbnbm said:
yes, connected via the adsl filter, both old and new are dect fones.

What else is plugged in there?

If you exceed 4 REN with some BT outlets there is a voltage problem. Your phone won't care but the BB will get the hump. (most phones will have the REN number underneath on a sticker...most are only REN1)

its the asnwerphone facility - it sends the missus' work email up the swannie too, they had to change theirs too.

Check yer interwebby macwotsit is plugged into the main 'phone socket.

Modem, that's the chap.

Kestonian":3hoiyl0y said:
Check yer interwebby macwotsit is plugged into the main 'phone socket.

Modem, that's the chap.

internet comes out of socket into dsl filter off to the modem

plug new phone into dsl filter, no internet, plug old phone back in, internet returns,

odd.

legrandefromage":1wklvler said:
its the asnwerphone facility - it sends the missus' work email up the swannie too, they had to change theirs too.

If it is REN/voltage then you might be able to fix it by getting the master socket faceplate switched for one with a bigger ring capacitor inside it......a friendly neighbourhood BT Engineer (jobs for beer type) would be more help than me at this point though as i'm reaching the end of my knowledge now :LOL:

Back