Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Muddy Fox with odd modern bit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

reanimation

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Off for a leisurely stay in Isle Of Wight soon with GF... and outlaws.
East Cowes I think, not researched any riding ground at all. So bit of road and any trails that are not million miles away..

I have just two 'working/complete' mountain bikes. I'd like to take the orange but not complete and have not 'introduced it to the house' yet! :D As I'll be with GF I'll be able to keep up, whatever I'm on. Not sure which of these would get stolen most.
Which would you choose? I'm curious! :D

1991 Muddy Fox
Lovely bike but not not sure I fully trust the used skinny bars
, and I also find the Flite and straight USE bars uncomfortable.
I also don't completely trust the wheels, I had the wheels trued he said he had "done what he can" but found that some spokes are very loose after the last trip, in addition the free hub is getting tired. Plus I'd be fitting modern tyres seat and silver bars, so bit of a compromise. Sweet ride though and only 28lbs

Cromo modern fun bike - Last Rufus
It handles alright actually nice n confident, feels like an MTB rather than BMX or alloy effort, nice bike, very playful, not bad for weight at 31lbs. However its not a sitting down bike, and is a lil short, need a longer stem really. its one gear but i replaced chain ring to make it a bit better with 36 - 16 single gear

bikefox2009011.jpg

go old skool. you'll need the gears coz the island is hilly and the suspension fork isn't desperately important as there is nothing super technical, mostly bridleways and gravel tracks and fantastic views.

:D hope that helps

bear in mind i ride over there alot aswel! having just read your comments about the fox though regarding reliability i would give it a good check over and if you find it uncomfortable than maybe pop the riser bar in it? also level the saddle out, if you are riding it like that then that could be part of the issue with comfort.

Good advice and well spotted on the details, both have had a few tweaks here n there since that pic.

Sounds like good reasons to take the Muddy Fox. hmm

Funny though, when I explained my issue with the GF she agreed I need another bike! :LOL: I don't yet but summat inbetween would be sensible.

(cheers)

Aye there is that! :LOL:

Frame is 6lbs 4 for starters and many bits are not the lightest, but not bad for a bombproof package, would like to put it on a further diet really or build something more upto the distance in the future. :)

I have decided on the Muddy fox BTW, I was gonna update with a piccy but couldn't help myself! Will get a pic tomorrow, I feel a bit dirty, it has modern tyres, seat and flat bars now :-/ :D should be upto the available action any luck

Back