Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:54 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:19 pm 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:30 pm
Posts: 22932
Location: Is not a retrobike rider
I got and had only carbon bars. in standard and OS and love them. The patten is so cool too 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:36 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 2:56 pm
Posts: 4776
Location: No brakes? Way to commit soldier.
tintin40 wrote:
The patten is so cool too 8)


Well, I don't like to admit to being swayed too much by aesthetics but this is probably 70% of the reason why I want some, the other 30% being their weight, or lack of :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:22 pm 
South West Deputy AEC
South West Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:16 pm
Posts: 1840
Location: Wilts
Russ, i've got ritchy wcs on both my modern and can say that i too thought like you, but just "used the force" and 2 years on they are fine,
I have had some big off's too, mainly with some bar/ground action.

Tintin, wtf is going on there then :?:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:00 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:13 pm
Posts: 8595
Location: Tredavoe, Cornwall
I've used carbon bars and posts for years and never any prob's

Although i do ride like a six stone girl with a my little pony in her basket and wearing flip flops!!







Al, a bit rough but not at all tough, Cornwall. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:59 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:49 am
Posts: 4061
Location: A veritable floating palace
Thing is **any** especially lightweight bike component is liable to sudden, catastrophic failure.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:20 pm 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:30 pm
Posts: 22932
Location: Is not a retrobike rider
heathy wrote:
R
Tintin, wtf is going on there then :?:


Had too get some things off the top of the wardrobe. More fun to put the GF on my shoulders than getting a chair :wink: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:10 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:13 pm
Posts: 8595
Location: Tredavoe, Cornwall
tintin, you're more barmy than barmy funggy Phipps!!

Well that's what Gussy Finknottle told me.

Al, :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:07 pm 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:30 pm
Posts: 22932
Location: Is not a retrobike rider
al wrote:
tintin, you're more barmy than barmy funggy Phipps!!

Well that's what Gussy Finknottle told me.

Al, :wink:


:shock: going off subject this thread :lol: :lol: I was 44 last Monday going on 24 :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:36 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 2:56 pm
Posts: 4776
Location: No brakes? Way to commit soldier.
tintin40 wrote:
al wrote:
tintin, you're more barmy than barmy funggy Phipps!!

Well that's what Gussy Finknottle told me.

Al, :wink:


:shock: going off subject this thread :lol:


Yeah, more interesting than discussing carbon bars though. And that discussion was over when they got Heathys seal of approval anyway. If they're good enough to withstand his tomfoolery, I'm not going to break them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:11 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:13 pm
Posts: 8595
Location: Tredavoe, Cornwall
:D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Midlife and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group