Stupid more money-than-sense competition!

PurpleFrog

Kona Fan
Yes, I've thought of another stupid competition! Yay! One day I will be a cruise ship entertainment officer! If only I don't run out of exclamation marks!

It's the More Money Than Sense Competition! Just nominate the most hilariously overpriced and pointless cycling widget you can find!! It's not like they're in short supply!!!

I hope that I'm not setting the bar too high with the first go, but here's a £94.99 water bottle holder -

http://www.bonthronebikes.co.uk/121-492330

492330.jpg

A monocoque in carbon fiber that clearly demonstrates the level of excellence achieved by Campagnolo in the field of composites.
The retention system is patented: a deliberate difference of a few degrees between the support axis and the collar means that when the bottle is inserted the carbon collar acts as a thrust spring that holds the bottle in the ideal position.

Blimey!!!! I especially like the way that they don't tell you how much the supposedly weight saving widget weighs...

The second most expensive bottle holder at the same place had a gel damping system to give your beverage a smoother rider. WTF???

PurpleFrog":21mz4s7u said:
The second most expensive bottle holder at the same place had a gel damping system to give your beverage a smoother rider. WTF???

That would've been very handy for my mate when we were kids. He got busy with the fizzy and filled his water bottle with sodastream Tizer. 50 yards down the road it sprayed his legs.

Back