Your Favourite Driver?

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Following on from Guy's great Favourite Riders thread I thought it would be good to get your opinions on the best on four wheels.

For me the greatest had to be Jimmy Clark. Absolute blinding speed in anything he drove, sublime handling skills, unwavering sportsmanship and a true gentleman. An absolute credit to the sport and a talent that will never be bettered.

Also loved Pedro Rodriguez. Incredible in sportscars in the 60's and 70's and his win in the 917 in a soaking wet BOAC 500 at Brands was the greatest win of all time IMO. Despite being pared with a not too great driver and losing a lap early on due to a black flag he went on to lap the whole field- twice! Very under rated and another tragic loss to the sport.

Over to you guys..

Si

I have a few favourites; Senna, Michael Schumacher (you can say what you want but he knows how to drive) , Wolfgang Graf Berghe von Trips,..and so on

When i started to watch F1 years back, when i actually watched, something i hardly do these days, the time i woke up in the middle of the night to watch is behind me, i was a big fan of Eddy Irvine
He gave me the impression that he was realy having fun, not taking things to seriously
A favourite does not have to be the best

Brise, Amon and Cevert always spring to mind first. Seemed to be drawn to the unlucky ones...

Followed Scheckter since his first drives for McLaren, through the Tyrell and Wolf years, finally getting his deserved championship at Ferrari.

Also got a soft spot for drivers from my Oulton Park season pass years - Guy Edwards, Cyd Williams, Frank Gardner and, of course, Gerry Marshall...

Mr K

Attachments

• GM.jpg
    GM.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 847
  • Amon Matra.jpg
    Amon Matra.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 847
  • Tony Brise 1975.jpg
    Tony Brise 1975.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 847
  • gardnercamarobgp72lrqc6.jpg