Artificial Piano- advice needed

suburbanreuben

Old School Grand Master
My 9yo daughter seems to have inherited my mum's musical talent, and has started bashing out the odd chune on a cheap casio keyboard. She also plays the flute (very well) and clarinet(the dog howls along).
She would like to learn to play the joanna properly, but lessons are pointless without practice. I've just been to see an old upright, and there is no way we will get one in the house. Weight aside, our doors are arranged all wrong, and even taking the doors off, it just won't go! :twisted:
So, are there any full size keyboards out there that sound like a piano, but more importantly, FEEL like a piano to play?
Any specific makes or models.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Cheers, Nick

Yamaha do some very nice ones, and some are really compact too(P series) - you really need to find a dealer near you to try them out. Look for "GH" which means graded hammer - keys are weighted very much like the real thing.

They can be bought second hand reasonably safely as they are usually well looked after and there isn't much to go wrong.

My sister has one but I'm not sure of the model number as it is a bit older than the ones on the site.

http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musica ... talpianos/

My mate does a lot of music,he uses keyboards mainly.
i reckon if he thinks there ok then they are
But if you dont mind investing in her talent then a better quality electric piano would help,one from a music shop costing about a grand

If you buy an instrument through her school then you can get it VAT free. A decent music shop should be able to advise you of the scheme.
Strictly, she should be having music lessons within school, but this is usually overlooked. School buys the instrument for full prce and claims the vat back and you pay the school the vat free price. This only applies to instruments, not other items and is a C&E exemption. You are the owner and the school should provide you with copies of the paerwork for insurance purposes.
Obviously the school has to be willing to help you and the music shop must be willing to deal with the school, but everything else is straightforward and easy. Best to talk to the school bursar/business manager. If they dont know what to do, let me know and I'll talk em through it. dont be fobbed off with its "too hard". I've done loads of these for kids in the school where I work and its a doddle.

Back