depressing sunday afternoon baiku

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
just been out for a ride . . . now i'm depressed. :(

basically i got myself pretty fit earlier this year because i just wanted to get a little fitter generally, then i agreed to do mayhem in the 10 man team so trained pretty hard and got fit and posted my laps in a reasonable 1 hr 5mins for that course which i was pretty happy with and i was also at the point where hill climbing was becoming dare i say it . . . easy :shock: :D well not that painful anymore anyway!

then someone at work quit.

the overtime is great don't get me wrong and in this day and age i'm happy of it but i've had to do so much overtime cover that i'm way too tired to ride, i have just done 5 12hr days and i'm about to go in for 2 nights starting tonight at 6. i have also had to start training the new guy while still having to do my own work aswel so not only is it more shifts but more to do when i am there. :(

basically i'm knackered!! :( and have been for almost the last month. :(

after these 2 nightshifts i have 2 days off (bearing in mind i'll be sleeping most of one of them) then i'm back in for another 4 days followed by 2 nights then 5 days and then finally i have some time off just in time for the OWMTBC by which time i'll be even less fit than i am now. :(

so as the title suggests, i depressed with the ride i just did. slow and hard and it was only 15 local offroad miles on mostly flat terrain. :(

the only light at the end of the tunnel is the 19 days off i have from the 2nd of september then the overtime stops on hopefully november 15th. until then it's slow rides when i'm not absolutely knackered.

i hope i haven't depressed anyonelse with this depressing ride related grumble.

Not good BUT do you live in a lovely area. Think of the extra £££ :roll:

loadsamoney.jpg

I think I'm about as unfit now as I ever have been. Mainly due to working overtime, working through lunch, repeated weekend working, oh and getting up at silly o'clock with his lordship over there <<<

Still, at least I have a job, and I have a job that pays well for extra hours worked. So, whilst I am getting paid I am not going to moan.

BUT, I do agree that waving bye bye to fitness is a real sh1t, and feeling tired all the time is a sh1t.

Trouble I am finding at the moment is when the oportunity does arrise to go out I'm too blinkin knackered! :LOL:

yeah, I'm self employed, and need a van for work... so the opportunities to ride are erm.... limited

and to add to the depression, the nights are drawing in now.....

still, any ride has got to be better than no ride, and it's always good to clear your head etc

Try having M.E., you try and get fit but that makes you ill. You rest to recover but get unfit, so you train to get fit and make yourself unwell. You rest to recover but get unfit etc etc etc :roll:

Not complaining though, thanks to retrobike I get to ride with other unfit middle aged guys and thus don't get left dying in a ditch anymore than the others :LOL:

Fitness isn't everything but lots of overtime cash is when the retrobug bites ;) :roll: :LOL:

blimey velomaniac that is a right arse! i'll shut up then! :oops:

the only other light at the end of the tunnel is the the money as pointed out by the harry enfield pic above, i have been working so much that i have spent nothing for nearly a month and had the biggest paycheck i have ever had and i'm on for the same again this month and then the same again over october and a bit of november so i should beable to afford the team jonnyboy van! :D coming to a retrobike meet near you! has been a long time coming for me, a deacent vehicle :D and bike friendly aswel! :D

Hmmmm -I work nights including the weekends - Pickle has seen me at my Sunday afternoon worst (again, apologies!).

riding is limited to the odd sprint and wednesdays.

Used to work shifts. I can sympathise, especially as after a week of 12hour nights I used to get problems remembering which were dreams and which were real events.

As you say the one advantage is not only that you are earning plenty, but also have zero time to spend it. :D

Back