Its official: I'm a geek

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Blundering around in the taxi a 4.30am, Greg James on radio 1.

He hacks into the RDS text and sends a message:

'if you can read this, take a photo and send it to 89911''

guess who's got probably the last radio text capable head unit and actually knows its there....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/gregjames/20 ... e_rds.html

photo1useme.jpg

Cool!

the gamma HU in my mk4 golf could do that.

Some RDS messaging service option in the menu

Pickle":2smfwty0 said:
I remember the old radio in my Dads L reg Cav doing that :cool:

The Grundig SC 303 fitted to your Dad's Chavalier would not have been able to have displayed radio text messages, just the station name.

;)

Don't radios have RDS anymore :shock:
Is mine RDS then, when it displays the station name and then scrolls though what is playing or the current show, i thought all modern ish radios have this :?

Easy_Rider":o8mw5avl said:
Don't radios have RDS anymore :shock:
Is mine RDS then, when it displays the station name and then scrolls though what is playing or the current show, i thought all modern ish radios have this :?

All modern car radios have RDS or should have. I've never seen one yet that displays what track is playing, I've only seen DAB recievers do that.

Out in the sticks we only get R1,2,3,4, local BBC, Classic and turgid 'Heart' FM, non of these broadcast track info.

legrandefromage":e91d6gi4 said:
Pickle":e91d6gi4 said:

The Grundig SC 303 fitted to your Dad's Chavalier would not have been able to have displayed radio text messages, just the station name.

I thought its was a Blaupunkt sterio, with the display bit in the middle that popped out as a security feature.

I swear something scrolled accross when we were in France :?

Pickle":2l3uw5jm said:
legrandefromage":2l3uw5jm said:
Pickle":2l3uw5jm said:

I thought its was a Blaupunkt sterio, with the display bit in the middle that popped out as a security feature.

I swear something scrolled accross when we were in France :?

one of these?

radio03.jpg

it was probably scrolling 'eeengleeesh goo hoome!'

Yup, that was it :LOL: You've got to get out more ;)

Maybe it was a Blaupunkt in his N reg Vectra :oops:

Back